SUMMARY: Responsible for preparing, maintaining and communicating financial records for the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Areas of Responsibility
- Manages revenue and accounts receivable
- Overviews expenditures and accounts payable
- Manages the treasury
- Handles fixed assets
- Oversees payroll and personnel
- Works with the following Business Units o Public Housing o Resident Services o Housing Choice Voucher Program o Community Revitalization o Central Office
- Serves as internal control
Preparation of Financial Records
- Prepares and processes financial transactions
- Enters financial transactions into information systems
- Improves processes and systems associated with preparation of financial records
Maintenance of Financial Records
- Manages reconciliation (to both internal and external sources) of all accounts and operational information associated with assigned areas (to both internal and external sources)
- Understands and maintains information systems related to assigned areas
Communication of Financial Records
- Prepares internal and external operational and financial reporting
- Prepares information for audit or other examination of records
- Analyzes of operational and financial information
- Serves as resource to operational personnel regarding assigned areas
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university in Accounting, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite; Internal Systems Software, Encompass, and ADP Payroll
- Other skills required:
o Knowledge of accounting and general concepts regarding transaction processing especially as it relates to the need for ensuring internal control o Skill in performing responsibilities to ensure accuracy and timeliness o Ability to understand and operate in an automated operating environment o Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written o Experience in automated information systems and office software required
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License, criminal background, and drug screening check required.
- Communication: Expresses verbal and written ideas and thoughts clearly and effectively; good listening and comprehension skills; keeps other adequately informed; uses appropriate communication methods; adjusts approach or method to best fit the situation; exhibits objectivity and openness to other’ views; manages competing demands; accepts criticism and feedback.
- Accountability: Arrives as scheduled, prepared to work; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to doing the best job possible; keeps commitments; removes threats to our customers, colleagues, and properties; reacts to problems by solving them; recognizes responsibility for the success of others as well as the organization’s success.
- Teamwork: Behavior, communications, and actions reflect positively on business unit and
HRHA; provides support, information, and other resources to internal and external customers of the Authority to further HRHA initiatives, goals and objectives; actively contributes to teamwork; balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Initiative: Seeks solutions to problems both within and beyond area of direct responsibility; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; seeks opportunities to increase job skills, proficiency, and knowledge.
- Creativity: Develops and presents solutions to improve business processes; adapts efficiently and effectively to changes in the work environment. Creates opportunities or benefits for the work unit or authority.
- Customer Service: Displays courtesy and sensitivity towards others; manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; works effectively with others; establishes and maintains positive working relationships; does the right thing the first time; displays dependability; follows up and follows through in every situation.
- Integrity: Follows applicable policies and rules in making decisions and taking actions; complies with regulations and laws; demonstrates honesty; observes the highest standards of ethical conduct in the performance of their jobs; avoids the appearance of wrongdoing; gives realistic and direct answers; if answer is unknown, works diligently to find the answer.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
- technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds.