Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5%match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH University, an in-house training program
This position is for a full time (40 hours/week) Senior Accountant - REM to work at EAH Corporate in San Rafael, CA. Qualified Candidates will have an Associates degree in accounting or equivalent academic training a plus. 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit affordable housing environment. 5+ years of bookkeeping/accounting experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family housing, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition ACCOU002911 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under minimal supervision, performs accounting support to accounts payable team and non-routine accounting duties in the areas of maintaining general ledger, analysis of accounts, preparation of monthly financial statements/reports and bank reconciliations for properties assigned. Performs specialized calculations, posting and accounting functions. Participates in annual budgeting process, forecasting and audit management.
- Maintains, analyzes and reconciles general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and bank accounts for properties assigned.
- Prepares each month’s accounting financial statements and reports required in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with organization policies.
- Processes journal entries posting.
- Reconciles financial records of balance sheet accounts (i.e. assets, liabilities), income and expenses
- Analyzes and reconciles discrepancies and accounting issues.
- Actively participates in budget process including attendance at budget meetings within their portfolio.
- Responds to and works with auditors throughout the entire audit process including the final audit report, tax returns and surplus cash distributions.
- Actively recommends expense and revenue account reforecasting to site managers. .
- Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving GL and financial issues and discrepancies for assigned properties. Recommends steps to ensure issues/discrepancies do not recur.
- Tracks all replacement reserve requests and approvals for assigned properties. Updates database.
- Reviews monthly financials for other EAH properties not assigned to them.
- Prepares annual backup support schedules for auditors and storage files, including YE interest accruals on notes payable, as well as accruals for asset and partnership management fee .
- Actively participates in EAH’s safety program.
- Actively participates in required training.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
No direct supervisory responsibilities, however, may provide work leadership to others through assignment of work, monitoring of progress, review of results, orientation and technical instruction.
Associates degree in accounting or equivalent academic training a plus. 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit affordable housing environment. 5+ years of bookkeeping/accounting experience.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985