Position is for a full-time (40 hrs/week) Activities Coordinator to work at Reflections at Sepulveda and Reflections at Wyandotte, two affordable housing properties in Mission Hills and Reseda, CA. Must have 1+ years of experience with older adults and knowledge of programs and services for seniors. Previous social service experience working the elderly, families and/or related field. This is considered an entry level role in the Resident Services department. There are no youth programs at the properties.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition ACTIV02373 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
The Activities Coordinator will provide program support and program specific administrative duties in partnership with the Resource Coordinator. The Activities Coordinator will work with EAH residents , staff and community partners. The Activities Coordinator will help facilitate programs with the volunteers and community partners to implement and evaluate adult, children and youth programs. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Assists with development,evaluation and delivery of services and program activities to residents on and off-site.
- Assists in linking residents with services and program activities.
- May assist with research for and/or preparation of grant proposals.
- Assist with age-appropriate youth programs such as tutoring and academic enrichment programs , college readiness, art, music and drama, field-trips, summer youth and recreational programs, career development, life/soft skills and software application, drug prevention and education programs.
- Assists in preparation and publication of newsletter.
- Assists in the recruiting of and coordinating the work of volunteers/interns in accordance with EAH policies.
- Responsible for data management and record keeping for youth program.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- HS Diploma or GED, preferably a BA in Social Services or related field.
- 1 -2 years experience working with youth, facilitating youth-led processes and/or previous social service experience working with elderly, families, and/or disabled or some related field.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have valid driver's license and/or access to reliable transportation.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have received such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985