Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
Leave Early Fridays (REM Onsite Positions)
Flexible Start Times (REM Onsite Positions)
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH University, an in-house training program
Position is for a full-time (40 hrs/week) Activities Coordinator to work at Reflections Wyandotte and Reflections Glenalbyn, an affordable housing properties in Los Angeles and Reseda, CA. Must have 1+ years of experience with older adults and knowledge of programs and services for seniors. Previous social service experience working the elderly, families and/or related field. This is considered an entry level role in the Resident Services department. There are no youth programs at the properties.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition ACTIV003037 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
The Activities Coordinator will provide program support and program specific administrative duties in partnership with the Resource Coordinator. The Activities Coordinator will work with EAH residents , staff and community partners. The Activities Coordinator will help facilitate programs with the volunteers and community partners to implement and evaluate adult, children and youth programs. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Assists with development, evaluation and delivery of services and program activities to residents on and off-site.
- Assists in linking residents with services and program activities.
- May assist with research for and/or preparation of grant proposals.
- Assist with age-appropriate youth programs such as tutoring and academic enrichment programs , college readiness, art, music and drama, field-trips, summer youth and recreational programs, career development, life/soft skills and software application, drug prevention and education programs.
- Assists in preparation and publication of newsletter.
- Assists in the recruiting of and coordinating the work of volunteers/interns in accordance with EAH policies.
- Responsible for data management and record keeping for youth program.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- HS Diploma or GED, preferably a BA in Social Services or related field.
- 1 -2 years experience working with youth, facilitating youth-led processes and/or previous social service experience working with elderly, families, and/or disabled or some related field.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have valid driver's license and/or access to reliable transportation.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have received such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be fully vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., fully vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985