NOTE: Successful candidates will need to show proof of completed Covid vaccination prior to beginning employment.
Hiring Salary Range: $29,210-$36,512
SUMMARY: Position is responsible for supporting programs in conjunction with HRHA policies and procedures by performing advanced clerical work and supporting Program staff with basic case management functions. Plans majority of own work and may work directly with Property Managers and program participants. Position is accountable to the Chief Operating Officer with specific oversight and coordination responsibilities delegated by the Property Manager for that specific site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Update electronic and paper Program records
- Assist in preparing periodic reports and related documentation
- Support initial tenant approval, re-examination, interim examination, and inspection processes in
- Perform routine office duties such as answering telephones, screen and respond to calls and filing
- Serves as the first point of contact for the community.
- Assist Blended Occupancy Specialist with coordinating Briefing/Informal Hearing preparation and execution.
- Processing Program information including electronic and paper formats.
- Support and comply with Program policies and regulations, as overseen by the Property Manager and Blended Occupancy Specialist.
- Conducts Housing Quality Standard Inspections
- Performs other related tasks, as assigned.
- Maintain the property business office in a neat, orderly and business- like manner at all times with regularly scheduled office hours per established procedures
- This job has no supervisory responsibility.
- Must be high school graduate or equivalent.
- Training and or experience in social services, HUD housing programs or property management preferred.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License required, criminal background, and drug screening check required.
- Knowledge of Public Housing, LIHTC and PBV Program policies and HUD regulations.
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel, Word (including mail merge) skills.
- Must have clerical skills including, the abilities to operate all office equipment.
- Ability to work independently, communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with difficult customers.
- Possess emotional intelligence.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to compile statistical and to prepare reports from that data.
- Ability to create systematic processes.
- Must have strong transferable skills which include organizational, customer service, problem solving, manage competing priorities, measured initiative.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License, criminal background, and drug screening check required.