This position is for a full time (37.5 hrs/wk) Administrative Assistant II - Asset Management IC to work at EAH Corporate in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have an Associate’s degree or equivalent experience from an accredited university in finance, accounting, economics, public administration or social sciences, humanities, or liberal arts. 2 years of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge in affordable housing, accounting, finance, and/or general administration preferred. Ability to understand and analyze financial statements, budgets, balance sheet and income statements a plus. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and excel preferred. Position pays between $25/hr to $32.31/hr. DOE
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable Housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States.
With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family housing, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts. At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition ADMIN02404 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Serves as the principal point of contact for Property and Liability Insurance claims for EAH owned and fee-managed properties. Provides administrative support to EAH Asset Management staff for EAH owned and/or fee-managed portfolio, while maintaining compliance with partnership, financing and regulatory agreement legal obligations. Takes independent responsibility for key functions in reporting, budgeting, and government agency filings. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Responsible for coordinating and supporting initiatives relative to the evaluation, processing, and handling of insurance claims for the organization. Acts as a liaison between the organization, its insurance provider and agents, claimants and policy holders regarding the status and eligibility for coverage for all relevant claims.
- Reviews claims to make sure that billing requirements are met, updates accounts as necessary, answers inquiries, and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Reviews incident reports filed by Property Supervisors for accuracy and completeness.
- Files insurance claims with carrier as directed.
- Schedules inspections with insurance adjusters and confirm that all the invoices related to claim are received and processed.
- Calculates daily stipends and allowances for displaced residents.
- Tracks incident reports, insurance claims, and other related information to analyze for trends and report to Asset Management team.
- Working with Real Estate Management, provides resources and information on hotel accommodations for displaced residents to REM.
- Provides support to Operations and Asset Management in reviewing losses and claims.
- Working with Insurance Agency or Brokerage, deliver Certificates of Insurance and other Insurance documents to stakeholders as requested.
- Develops, maintains, updates, and implements tracking systems to ensure timely routine report submission. Monitor tenant recertification status and, HUD rent schedule approvals and associated rent adjustments.
- Prepares assigned property reporting and delivers such reports to stakeholders, including partners, lenders, government agencies and regulators, per required schedules in financing, regulatory and partnership agreements.
- Monitors centralized mailbox and routes inquires to appropriate staff which may include assigned EAH Real Estate Management, Operations, Asset Managers, Accounting Development team members, and other EAH employees accordingly.
- Coordinates meetings for VP of Asset Management and Asset Managers. When requested, prepares meeting agendas, records, and distributes meeting minutes. Assists in preparation of presentation materials using Power Point, Excel and Word. Such meetings will include monthly asset management meetings and others as requested. Maintains Asset Management and Compliance staff assignment lists.
- Assists in distribution of audits, budgets, periodic financial reports. Sends and tracks delivery of audits and associated asset management fees, investor service fees, loan payments and surplus cash payments to partners, lenders, and other stakeholders.
- Completes filings as assigned such as TCAC Reporting, CDLAC Reporting, IRS 8703 Forms, Secretary of State Filings (Statement of Information Domestic Non-Profit and Limited Partner (“SOI”), Reasonable Accommodation Documentation, System for Award Management (SAM), and Data Universal Numbering Administrative Assistant – Asset Management
System (DUNS) filing. Deliver SOI with required fees.
- Provides administrative support such as scanning and uploading documents. Organizes and standardizes digital and hard copy filing systems.
- Supports Compliance staff with coordinating and assuring timely reporting, including City of Los Angeles quarterly reporting.
- Coordinates Compliance onboarding of new properties, both for EAH owned and fee-managed portfolios.
- Collects, organizes and maintains property files related to transactions, required reporting, and general correspondence, both digitally and hard paper files of original contracts and other documents.
- Collects and updates required database information, including property status, event dates, loan balances, contact information, tenant income certifications into asset management and compliance software such as MRI and Yardi.
- Distributes Compliance recognition emails.
- Tracks agency inspection notices, responses to findings and close out letters. Delivers agency documentation to CPA at year end.
- Assists in collection of data used in Requests for Proposals/Qualifications (RFPs and RFQs) to obtain financing and other support for EAH property portfolio or business opportunities.
- Downloads reports from MRI, Yardi and other software packages.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree or equivalent experience from an accredited university in finance, accounting, economics, public administration or social sciences, humanities, or liberal arts. 2 years of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge in affordable housing, accounting, finance, and/or general administration.
- Ability to understand and analyze financial statements, budgets, balance sheet and income statements.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have received such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985