This position is for a full time (37.5 hrs/wk) Administrative Assistant II for the Office of the President in the EAH Corporate Office located in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have 3+ years of specialized administrative support experience of an increasingly responsible nature. Must have experience supporting middle to senior management employees or an entire department. Qualified candidate will be a self-starter. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and excel preferred. Position pays between $25/hr to $31.73/hr. DOE
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable Housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States.
With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family housing, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts. At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition ADMIN02362 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under general supervision, provides routine and non-routine analytical and specialized administrative support to assist the Office of the President with complex details and advanced administrative duties. Investigates assigned problems, determining method of research and analysis techniques and prepares reports/recommendations for action by Special Assistant to the President & CEO. This position is characterized by an additional level of independent judgement and decision-making authority.
- Meets regularly in person or by phone with supervisor to address critical issues, track ongoing tasks and coordinate calendars. Sets up and maintains tickler follow-up system in Outlook.
- As required, attends board or committee meetings, transcribes and distributes minutes to participants.
- Types/transcribes correspondence, minutes, memos, legal and other documents, from handwritten or typed materials, notes, or verbal instructions. Copies, scans, files and/or distributes appropriate documents and other materials. Prepares reports, spreadsheets, charts/graphs, and presentations as requested. Takes responsibility when directed for overall coordination of materials in preparation for such reports or presentations. In some instances, responsible for database management.
- Schedules appointments, meetings and conference calls, including calendaring, room reservation and preparation, refreshments, and cleanup necessary for meetings for supervisor and/or department.
- Sorts & distributes supervisor’s mail to appropriate folders or staff; flags critical items for immediate review. Handles own in-basket in timely manner.
- Responsible for phone reception and general administrative issues for supervisor. Returns calls and reviews voicemail for supervisor as necessary.
- Maintains supervisor’s electronic and paper files. Takes responsibility for maintenance & protection of important legal documents.
- Coordinates conference registrations for various departments and any necessary travel reservations related to staff attendance.
- Plans, budgets, locates and books facilities, food, entertainment and equipment for department special events.
- Maintains supervisor’s office supplies and orders through appropriate staff member as necessary; performs general housekeeping for supervisor’s office including tidiness of office, and plant care.
- Supports all departments with projects as necessary.
- Runs other errands as requested.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating EAH Board of Directors’ binders with relevant documents, minutes and information on all current board members for each property.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required; undergraduate degree preferred. 3-5 years of specialized administrative support experience of an increasingly responsible nature. 3-5 years of supporting middle to senior management employees or an entire department.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have received such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985