There is an Assistant Maintenance Supervisor opening at our affordable residential community in Far Rockaway, NY totaling 364 units. We are always looking for a team member with a passion for excellence, a “can do” attitude and a dedication to quality. The employee will report to the Community Manager on site and the Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for assisting the Maintenance Supervisor in the overall maintenance of the property. This person is responsible for being hands on and completing the work orders on a timely basis. Additionally, the Assistant Maintenance Supervisor performs all duties in compliance with company policies and procedures, the Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes.
· Maintain a detailed understanding of the overall property and customer/resident based community.
· Inspect the building and property on a daily basis and performed routine preventative maintenance and immediately addressing safety issues.
· Responds to emergency maintenance repairs after normal working hours or assigns to another team member.
· Make budget recommendations to the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor for all maintenance line items and assists the Property Manager in controlling maintenance expenses.
· Order and maintain inventory of building materials and supplies as required.
· Assists the Maintenance Supervisor to coordinate efforts between management and contractors and obtain bids for repairs and replacements as per company guidelines when needed.
· Ensures that all company maintenance policies and procedures are implemented at the property.
· Ensures that company standards for the performance of maintenance functions are consistently maintained.
· Provides direction, guidance, and supervision to all maintenance staff at the property in the Maintenance Supervisor’s absence.
· Responsible for preparing and implementing weekly maintenance staff work schedules in the Maintenance Supervisor’s absence.
· Provides training of maintenance staff to ensure proper performance of their functions, consistent with company policies, procedure and standards.
· Ensure service contractors as scheduled for appropriate maintenance (exterminator, elevator, standpipe sprinkler, boiler, etc.).
· Remove snow and ice and keep sidewalks clean and safe during inclement weather.
· Keep and maintain accurate records as required by regulation or company operating protocols.
· Responsible for general upkeep of the building which includes, but is not limited to making sure that all common areas are in a clean and orderly state and the landscaping is up kept.
· Involvement with the tenant community and reporting any issues to management in a timely manner.
Key skill set:
· Communication and customer service skills
· Routine maintenance skills
· Stress Tolerance
· Conflict Management
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Planning and organizing
· Previous maintenance experience in various maintenance areas including: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and general building operations.
· Good organizational and planning skills.
· Must be service oriented.
· General computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Specific licenses and/or certifications may be required
· Ability to lift 50+ lbs
· Experience working with REAC (Real Estate Assessment Center)
· SNOW REMOVAL
*Emergency on call required
Benefits and Features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Matching 401(K)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- & More!
#CBAB #GLAB5 #APAB1 #JCAB
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Affordable is the division of Related Companies that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and mixed-income developments demonstrate the company’s continuing ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods. Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000 affordable and workforce housing units.