Your role within the company:
The Assistant Community Manager is responsible for the administration of a residential community in Austin, TX. Reporting directly to the Community Manager, the ACM is responsible for various administrative functions to ensure the onsite office runs as efficiently as possible.
- Maintain high levels of resident satisfaction by seeking to understand and anticipate resident needs
- Ensure available units are leased in accordance with their various set-asides and/or rent income restrictions
- Assist the Community Manager in effectively maintaining the property within budgeted parameters and project stays in compliance with applicable regulations
- Collect security deposits and rents, and institute proper procedures against delinquent accounts.
- Complete annual and interim recertifications for all residents in accordance with company and Section 8/Tax Credit guidelines
- Interact with current and prospective residents
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies
- Assist in all aspects of leasing including, but not limited to; touring, accepting and processing applications, phones, call backs and thank you cards
- Preparation of correspondence such as rent charges, eviction notices, collections, etc.
- Complete tenant move-ins and move-outs in compliance with all company procedures
- Conduct unit inspections Maintain the safety and security of the apartment community at all times
- All other duties assigned by supervisor
Benefits and Features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- One to three years of experience Affordable Housing experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial goals.
- Strong knowledge of HUD policies as well as Project Based Section 8 rules and regulations for Project-Based Affordable Housing and Tax Credit.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to develop a rapport with the residents and HUD administrator/State Monitoring Agency.
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and competitive communities through consistent evaluation of market conditions and trends.
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent telephone skills).
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program) or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of credits / debits / re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activities
Related Management Company is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over $60 billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents’ and commercial tenants’ expectations. Our commitment to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer