Your role within the company:
The Assistant Community Manager is responsible for the administration of a 2 affordable residential communities. The Assistant Community Manager will be split between Country Gardens Apartments (58 units) in Woodridge, NY and Canal Lock Apartments (52 units) in Ellenville, NY. Reporting directly to the Community Managers, the ACM is responsible for various administrative functions to ensure the onsite office runs as efficiently as possible.
- Answer all incoming phone calls and handle accordingly.
- It is the responsibility of the Assistant Community Manager to assist in ensuring that the vacant apartments are in perfect, move-in condition. Physically inspect property when on grounds, pick up litter and report any service needs to maintenance staff.
- Handle incoming phone calls and show the property to prospective new residents.
- Thoroughly review all lease applications, assist with application verification and notify prospective resident of results. Complete all lease paperwork, including related addendums.
- Maintain and supervise a lease renewal program following LIHTC/HUD guidelines.
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contribute ideas to Community Manager for marketing the property and improving resident satisfaction.
- Conduct market surveys. Shop competition; have constant awareness of neighborhood market conditions.
- Maintain accurate resident records. Update on a daily basis all rents, deposits and application fees received by residents. Issue appropriate notices when necessary (i.e. late payment, eviction notices, returned checks, memos).
- Collection of rents and preparation of receipts.
- Accept service requests from residents and route to maintenance for prompt processing. Conduct service follow-up with resident when job is complete.
- Receive, log and properly code all invoices and review with Community Manager for approval.
- Update weekly reports concerning notices to vacate, vacancy reports, activity reports, etc. and provide information to Community Manager.
- Affordable Housing and LIHTC/section 8 experience strongly preferred
- Experience in property management
- Strong leadership and accounting skills are a must
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent telephone skills)
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program) or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of credits/debits/re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activities
*may be required to work weekends
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer