PK Management LLC, a leading property management company in the multi-housing industry, has an opening for a Part-time Assistant Property Manager.We are a seeking self-motivated and career-minded individual to join our team. Professional and friendly work environment. Great benefits including health, life, vacation and 401K! Equal Opportunity Employer.
Overall responsibility for providing support to the Property Manager including general management and certification/ re-certification processes at Section 8 housing properties. This position operates within and contributes to an environment in compliance with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
Education: High School Diploma/GED required
Work Experience: 6 months to one year of experience beneficial. Must have Project Based Section 8 and Tax Credit experience.
Licenses/Certifications: NCHM or Quadel COS (required for Affordable Housing), SCS (required for Tax Credit site)
· Annual and interim recertification of residents.
· Conduct interviews and review applications of potential residents.
· Assisting residents, answering questions and documenting service requests; consulting with service coordinators, when necessary.
· Update tenant listings and waiting lists.
· Process move-ins and move-outs.
· Unit inspections.
· Monthly reporting.
· Purchasing supplies and paying bills in a timely manner.
· Appear in court for eviction proceedings.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by Property Manager or Sr. Property Manager.
· Rent collections and ledger reconciliation.
Essential Skills and Abilities
· Administrative Skills – general office duties, answering phones, creating memos, email correspondence, knowledge of HUD regulations/policies and One-Site manual.
· Analytical Skills – ability to use statistical data for the re-certification process, ability to determine resident turnover and reasons why residents are moving, ability to determine resident needs.
· Communication/Language Skills – ability to communicate with residents, other site-level staff, corporate office staff, vendors and contractors.
· Computer Skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet, One-Site.
· Coordinating Skills – ability to organize and maintain tenant files, coordinate monthly activities and maintain waiting list.
· Creative Skills – ability to design flyers, calendars, bulletin boards, activities and forms; ability to promote property through marketing and leasing efforts.
· Leadership Skills – ability to motivate others and operate as a team; ability to take initiative and delegate work to others; ability to handle emergency situations.
· Mathematical Skills – ability to calculate social security rates, rent payments and pro-rations; ability to maintain purchasing and declining balances.
· Other Skills – confidentiality, customer service, patience, professionalism, teamwork.
Work is typically performed in a normal office environment with moderate noise level. Walking is required for property tours and may expose you to weather conditions. It may be necessary to lift weights up to 25 pounds when accepting resident packages.