You are a dependable partner. You shine brightest when matched with the right leader and deliver results with a positive, growth mindset. You’re ready for the next step of your property management career, which makes you a great fit for our Assistant Property Manager position. In this role, you will work alongside the Property Manager in overseeing all aspects of a 175 LIHTC community located in Roxbury, MA. You will assist with recertifications and renewals, applications and move-ins, wait list management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, service requests, and above all, provide excellent customer service!
- Monitor collections, post rent payments, and enforce the collection policy
- Perform all aspects of apartment leasing such as managing the HUD Project Based Section 8 wait list, touring with prospective residents, processing applications for compliance with multiple programs, and completing new resident orientation at the time of the move-in
- Maintaining occupancy and program compliance by processing annual and interim recertifications. The Assistant Property Manager position takes the lead role on recertifications.
- Prepare the property, resident files, property binders, and office for audits and inspections
- Respond to resident issues and complaints in a timely manner
- Promote positive resident relations with exceptional customer service
- Under supervision of the Property Manager, assist in physical and financial management as needed
- Manage resident correspondence and recertification notices
- Assist with annual or periodic unit inspections
- Act as Property Manager in manager’s absence
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience in property management
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience with HUD Project Based Section 8
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with property management software (Yardi, OneSite, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience administering Affordable Programs such as Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC)
- OneSite Property Management software experience
- Certifications in HUD property management such as: CPO, COS, NAHP. LIHTC property management such as: SHCM, TCS, C3P, HCCP, NAHP.
What We Can Offer You
A job you can brag about: WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized leader in property management and development. Our team members are committed to helping people in the communities we serve.
A job that challenges you: Our team members are responsible for our growth and success, and we challenge them to constantly be their best in our fast-paced workplace.
A job you can learn from: We reward our team’s passion and hard work with consistent learning and development opportunities.
A team that cares: We value teamwork, innovation and mutual respect.