PK Management LLC, is a leading property management company in the multi-housing industry. We are seekinga self-motivated and career-minded individual to join our team. Professional and friendly work environment. Great benefits including health, life, vacation and 401K! Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Property Manager is responsible for all operational and financial aspects of a property and meeting company goals in those areas. Results are achieved by facilitating the optimum performance of the property in areas such as personnel management, leasing, collections, resident services, maintenance, revenue enhancement, capital improvements, information re- porting and compliance with all applicable laws and company policies. This position operates within and contributes to an environment in compliance with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Education: High School Diploma/GED required
Work Experience: 6 months to one year of experience beneficial.
Licenses/Certifications: NCHM or Quadel COS (required for Affordable Housing), SCS (required for Tax Credit site)
- Annual and interim re-certification of residents.
- Conduct interviews and review applications of potential residents.
- Assisting residents, answering questions and documenting service requests; consulting with service coordinators, when necessary.
- Update tenant listings and waiting lists.
- Process move-ins and move-outs.
- Unit inspections.
- Monthly reporting.
- Purchasing supplies and paying bills in a timely fashion.
- Appear in court for eviction proceedings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Property Manager or Sr. Property
- Rent collections and ledger reconciliation.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Administrative Skills – general office duties, answering phones, creating memos, email correspondence, knowledge of HUD regulations/policies and One-Site manual.
- Analytical Skills – ability to use statistical data for the re-certification process, ability to determine resident turnover and reasons why residents are moving, ability to determine resident needs.
- Communication/Language Skills – ability to communicate with residents, other site-level staff, corporate office staff, vendors and contractors.
- Computer Skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet, One-Site.
- Coordinating Skills – ability to organize and maintain tenant files, coordinate monthly activities and maintain waiting list.
- Creative Skills – ability to design flyers, calendars, bulletin boards, activities and forms; ability to promote property through marketing and leasing efforts.
- Leadership Skills – ability to motivate others and operate as a team; ability to take initiative and delegate work to others; ability to handle emergency situations.
- Mathematical Skills – ability to calculate social security rates, rent payments and pro-rations; ability to maintain purchasing and declining balances.
- Other Skills – confidentiality, customer service, patience, professionalism, teamwork.