The primary responsibility of the Assistant Regional Facility Director (ARFD) is to support Regional Facility Director (RFD) and area Vice President facility maintenance initiatives at each site as directed and ensure implementation and consistency of maintenance programs at assigned sites. Duties will include but are not limited to: routine site visits/inspections, attending various meetings with site stakeholders, generating and reviewing reports, and participating in all aspects of the contracting process to include developing scopes of work, reviewing proposals, and making recommendations for selections.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct routine site visits to ensure proper implementation of maintenance plans and conduct needed training/retraining based upon inspection or visit.
- Implement maintenance programs as directed by the RFD.
- Work closely with Regional Facility Director and Regional Vice President to develop plans for capital improvement projects.
- Ensure turn processes are being followed at assigned sites and report discrepancies to RFD.
- Provide guidance and direction to site maintenance management team, including setting performance standards based on discussions with RFD and RVP, providing technical advice, resolving problems and monitoring performance.
- Support site leadership in the implementation of short and long-term projects impacting the various projects.
- Ensure education and certifications are in line with established policy.
- Conduct periodic inspections to ensure all maintenance policies and procedures are in place and are being followed as
- Assist Facility Directors with creating scopes of work, bids and contracts. The FD and AFRD will initiate and send documents to RFD for review.
- Ensure proper records and documentation is being maintained at each site (ie, Davis Bacon, MSDS, etc.).
- Assist FD as needed at each site to ensure optimal performance of
- Foster teamwork, collaboration, and energize staff at each
- Produce bi-annual audit reports to the RFD.
- Ensure good communication measures with RFD to productively and proactively communicate with the Regional Vice President.
- Identify training needs at each site and report findings to the RFD in order to develop employee development programs.
- Depending upon situation, act as Acting Facility Director at site locations for short periods of time.
- 5-7 Years of maintenance Facility Director experience or related construction field
- Knowledge and application of codes, laws, and regulations.
- Experience preferred with managing both an in-house and regional portfolio with multiple
- Must be able to pass background investigation and drug test
- Must be able to travel to various sites once every 4-8
- Must be able to work within deadlines
- Provide area VP with suggested courses of action.
- Bachelor’s degree or related Facility Experience
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving
- All specific certifications required by
- Facility Management Certification preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret business
- Ability to respond effectively to the
- Ability to write reports and
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with employees, management, and
- Needs basic understanding of monthly financial statements and funding
- Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of
- Other Duties as assigned