Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
Assist Project Superintendent with the daily supervision and direction to support construction activities of the General Contractor. Provide supervision and direction to subcontractors, material providers and vendors to maintain project schedule. Provide daily safety inspections and implement controls to insure a safe project site and pedestrian safety.
Assist the Project Superintendent with oversight and supervision of field activities and duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provides direct supervision and coordination with subcontractors to maintain project schedule.
- Provide input to project schedule and updates the same.
- Generate two week look ahead activity schedule. Orchestrate subcontractor coordination meetings.
- Participate in owner and any necessary project meetings as required.
- Provides support to general operation of the project to maintain a safe work environment for all workers.
- Responsible to generate daily logs, create requests for information, documentation of construction activities, daily progress photos, tracking permit expirations and required inspections, update as built drawings, maintains site plans and documentation.
- Work closely with project team to ensure project is supported to be successful, on time and within budget.
- Meet turnover and delivery schedules.
Must have over 3-5 years’ experience as an assistant superintendent on similar projects.
Wood frame experience desired
Podium experience desired.
New construction experience required.
Renovation experience required.
General Contractor / CM experience a must.
Generate master and look ahead schedules.
Able to coordinate work between various trade disciplines.
Degree in construction management or field related degree desired.
OSHA 10 and/or 30 hour training preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Able to read and interpret Architectural and Engineered drawings, specifications and technical documents.
Must be computer literate / proficiency in Procore or other project management software.
Must be able to generate schedules using Microsoft Project or other scheduling software.
Ability to communicate in English between field and upper management both written and verbal.
Must be able to define and interpret relations between task, source documents and deadlines.
Must be able to lead and supervise others to achieve project targets and goals.
Must be able to traverse an active construction site. Must be able to work in team and individual settings. Ability to use a computer and model devices. Usually working on an active construction site with exposure to all conditions typically present on a construction site. Periodical travel may be requested.