This position is for a full-time Bookkeeper to work at Crescent Park, a 378-unit affordable housing community in Richmond, CA. Qualified candidates will ideally have an Associate degree in accounting or equivalent academic training with 2 years of bookkeeping experience. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 1 year of property management experience is preferred. Yardi Voyager software knowledge is a plus. Position pays $19.18/hr to $24.48/hr DOE
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We have become one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition ONSIT02154 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under general supervision, performs routine and non-routine property management accounting support duties in the areas of accounts payable/receivable. Responsible for troubleshooting onsite AP/AR systems and procedures to ensure accuracy and efficiency. This position also provides support to the on-site office staff by assisting residents, vendors, co-worker’s, etc. with a variety of tasks as needed. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Uses property management software to accurately enter all relevant transactions as described in the REM Policies and Procedures and follows back up and transmission schedules.
- Maintains accounts payable/receivable files and records, including filing.
- Closes, prints and routes Accounts Payable/Receivable reports. Review and assist in maintaining the Affordable GRP and Rent roll per the approved Rent Schedule provided by HUD
- Prepares monthly Excess Income report for submission to accounting.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounts payable problems and discrepancies. Reviews Age Receivables and correct any discrepancies
- Prepares the monthly Cash Reconciliation and GRP reports.
- Assists with the preparation of budgets.
- Calculates and bills tenant charges. Prepares credit memos for residents. Keeps track of resident who agree to a monthly payment plan, provide running balances and or reports on who has complied and/or failed to keep payment agreement.
- Tracks all replacement reserve expenses for Resident Manager release requests.
- Responds to vendor, auditor, and employee inquiries regarding invoices, expenses check requests.
- Prepares and makes bank deposits.
- Processes invoices for payment and forwards to Accounting on timely basis.
- Troubleshoots systems and procedures to improve accuracy and efficiency. Makes recommendations on procedures that will minimize errors.
- Assists with accounting issues at other company properties as needed.
- Provides back up customer service assistance for Resident Manager, Assistant Manager and/or Office Assistant as needed
- Assists with related special projects as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident, applicant, and or employee information.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate degree in accounting or equivalent academic training, preferred Bachelor's degree in Accounting, preferred. Must have two years of bookkeeping and at least one year in property management. Prior experience with YARDI.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB - 16985