Position is for a Chief of Staff to work for the Office of the President (OOP) at EAH Corporate in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five years of administrative support. Two years of executive-level administrative support, i.e., for a CEO, COO or Senior Vice President. Salary commensurate to experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We have become one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition BOOKK02457 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Works closely with and provides highly specialized support to the President and the EAH Housing Board of Directors, and senior management team. Assists the President with complex details and organizational project management to allow the President to effectively leverage time and focus on priorities. This position is characterized by an additional level of independent judgement and decision-making. Additionally, may direct the work of support staff for the office of the President. Understands and supports the EAH Housing mission and core values.
- Organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information for the President to facilitate efficient decision making and implementation. Flags critical items for President’s review and distributes items to appropriate departments for handling.
- Assesses inquiries directed to the President, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage.
- At the direction of President, may represent the President by email and phone with internal and external stakeholders including BOD members, clients, prospects and C-level executives and other partners.
- Builds cross-functional internal relationships, representing the office of the President, including partnering closely with other assistants who support C-level, VP and Director level leaders to increase efficiency in existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies.
- Maintains thorough understanding of the EAH Housing goals and priorities and supports the Executive Team on optimizing work and information flow, as well as meeting effectiveness. Coordinates with other departments and administrative staff. Tracks company KPIs.
- Advises and assists the President in effective decision-making, project management and execution of strategic initiatives. Working with various departments, manages and tracks initiatives across the organization. Provides financial analysis of new initiatives and projects, as needed.
- Tracks and highlights deliverables from the Executive Team and Senior Leadership; pushes back when directed by the President to ensure that Executives are operating as efficiently as possible in relation to shifting priorities.
- Works closely with Communications Department to facilitate internal and external communications and the implementation of organizational initiatives. Drives content creation and agendas for key internal and external purposes (investor presentations, Board materials, key client meetings, internal all-hands, executive off-sites, and the like).
- Leads or partners on special projects driven by the President across all operational areas of EAH.
- Advises key leaders on best practices for getting alignment on decisions. Takes calls and attends meetings on behalf of President. Responsible for taking notes during the meetings, writing first drafts of proposals, emails, and letters. Provides administrative support to the President, including but not limited to heavy calendar management and prioritization, travel arrangements, receiving and returning calls, reviewing mail and email.
- Meets in person or by phone with the President to coordinate calendars, critical issues, and ongoing tasks. Ensures President has necessary materials for any meetings and is prepped. Creates agendas as needed. Keeps President well-informed and well-prepared for upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Prepares or coordinates the transcription of correspondence, memos, legal and other documents, spreadsheets, etc. from handwritten, recorded, dictated, or typed materials, notes, or verbal instructions. Copies, files, or distributes appropriate documents and other materials. Maintains President’s files.
- Assists with preparing presentations, and/or drafting correspondence for President’s review.
- Schedules appointments, meetings, retreats and conference calls, including calendaring, room reservation and preparation, refreshments, and clean up necessary for meetings for President, Board, or groups as directed by President. Greets guests, attends meetings, takes notes, and follows up on action items as requested.
- May provide support to team who prepares and mails board meeting packets and other Board or committee materials as needed; may attend Board meetings; transcribes notes from meetings. Maintains Board of Director files and corporate books. Coordinates new Board member orientation. Tracks annual Board member policy requirements and company affiliation agreements.
- Attends and participates in mandatory training.
- Actively participates in the EAH Housing Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises consultants, vendors and other staff as assigned by the President. Also, may occasionally coordinate the work of clerks or office staff and/or administrative assistants from other areas or temporary staff.
- Orients new employees to position.
- Trains staff on emergency procedures and employee safety.
- Approves timesheets and time-off requests.
- Sets and oversee employee work schedules.
- Provides performance feedback to employees, including coaching, counseling and disciplining.
- Conducts regular meetings for discussions, problem solving, encouraging, and training.
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five years of administrative support. Two years of executive-level administrative support, i.e., for a CEO, COO or Senior Vice President.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB - 16985