This position is for a full time Community Access Coordinator to work at Crescent Park, a 378-unit family affordable housing in Richmond, CA. Qualified candidates must have 1 year of computer instruction or computer lab administration including 1-2 years of prior experience working with youth, facilitating youth-led processes. Previous social service experience working with elderly, familites, and/or disabled or some related field is required. Position pays between $19.95/hr to $25.73/hr. DOE
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States.
With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family housing, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts. At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition COMMU02458 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under general supervision, oversees direct outreach and follow-up system for the provision of services to Crescent Park Residents. Responsible for operation and provision of services to the assigned Computer Lab. Ensures a safe and respectful environment for computer labs through enforcement of corporate security, privacy policies and standards of conduct for all users. Develops and conducts computer-based training/ classes to give users opportunities to learn new skills. Works with users through group/ individual instruction to help them meet their learning goals.
- Performs outreach to residents to encourage use of the Family Resource Center, including creating and distributing flyers, conducting surveys and facilitating outreach events.
- Promotes and coordinates resident initiatives with Resident Council, including Community Building activities for all residents.
- Assists and promotes interest and awareness of programs for the youth including scholarships, post high-school opportunities, and online college readiness programs. Assists with identifying potential scholarship applicants.
- Assesses resident needs, monitors participation for services, and evaluates current programs. Conducts additional outreach, follow-up, and program development as needed based on results.
Computer Lab Administration
- Works with the IT Department to ensure all systems are up to date and secured.
- Works with Resource Coordinator and Activity Coordinator to develop and implement web-based educational programs for residents such as technology-based programs for children ages 11 years old and up and to offer better computer services to the community.
- Delivers basic training for applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and other mainstream software applications.
- Collects and maintains attendance list of users and records their progress. Reports to Resource Coordinator II as scheduled to determine program needs based on the information collected.
- Troubleshoots network & equipment when necessary.
- Maintains an active presence in the Computer Learning Center when residents are using it.
- Attends training sessions to improve applicable skills regarding hardware & software.
- Attends relevant meetings relating to the position.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES WHICH MAY BE REASSIGNED
- Works with the Communications Department in seeking grants and resources which benefit the assigned community (ies).
- Systematically conducts satisfaction surveys for services provided by the assigned Computer Lab.
One year of computer instruction or computer lab administration experience preferred. 1 -2 years’ experience working with youth, facilitating youth-led processes. Previous social service experience working with elderly, families, and/or disabled or some related field. Microsoft Office Certified a plus. Bachelor’s Degree and teaching credential preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985