Your Role Within the Company:
This Community Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of an affordable residential community in Newark, NJ, totaling 136 units. The Community Manager is responsible for overall day-to-day operations of several properties including the supervision of maintenance functions in compliance with all company policies and procedures and all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes, as well as ensuring each property compliance with all and any applicable program regulations.
- Supervise accounts payable/receivable.
- Understanding of Operating Statements and Financial Budgets is a must.
- Supervise all marketing, leasing and administrative functions for LIHTC and Project Based Section 8 property.
- Hire, train and evaluates all office/maintenance staff.
- Supervise site specific program administration, ensure compliance with each applicable agency (HDC, HCR, HUD, etc)
- Tenant/landlord relations.
- Supervise day-to-day maintenance operations.
- Financial analysis and reporting.
- Develop property budget.
- Train office in accordance with Related’s policies and procedures.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Affordable Housing and LIHTC/section 8 experience strongly preferred
- 2+ years experience in property management
- Strong leadership and accounting skills are a must
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent telephone skills)
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program) or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of credits/debits/re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activities
Benefits and Features
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K) + matching, Flexible Spending Accounts
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer