The Schochet Companies are Hiring! Come join a Winning Team!
Fresh Pond Apartments is now accepting resumes for a Compliance Specialist. Fresh Pond Apartments is a 500+ family apartment community in Cambridge, MA.
Duties and Skills:
• Complete annual recertifications for each tenant in order to assess the tenant’s eligibility for continued subsidized housing. Calculate tenant’s rent rate. This process includes meeting with the resident and sending out third party verification paperwork.
• Complete timely interim recertifications as necessary. The number of recertifications required at each property will vary. Interim recertifications are necessary when a tenant’s household composition or income changes between their annual recertifications. This process includes meeting with the resident and sending out third party verification paperwork.
• Collect all necessary documents for tenant’s files. Files must follow HUD and Federal Management standards. Ensure all necessary documents are in tenant’s files, up-to-date and in the correct order. Perform file audits as needed. Organize current files and purge old documentation from files in accordance to rules and procedures.
• Address tenant questions and issues as they arise. Tenants may visit or call the Compliance Specialist with questions. Assist tenants with copies, leases, and rent questions as necessary.
• Answer questions regarding the properties wait list and application process and maintain waitlist updates.
• Interview, qualify, and perform complete move in process for applicants who reach the top of waitlist. This process includes meeting with the resident and sending out third party verification paperwork.
• Document and assist in resolving a variety of tenant issues.
• Other duties as assigned. Duties may vary by property.
As part of a knowledgeable team, you will assist in updating waitlists, customer service for our residents, demonstrate strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task. COS certification and bi-lingual are a plus.
Interested candidates please apply here:
or fax 617-830-0373. Pre-employment background check required and drug test required. EOE
For more information on this position please contact Robin @ 617-398-5144