The Controller will provide coordination of company financial planning, debt financing and budget management functions while ensuring that company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting and five years of related experience. Experience in a non-profit affordable housing environment with HUD and Tax Credit accounting background and CPA highly desirable.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition CONTR002655 on our website at www.eahhousing.org
Under minimal supervision, coordinates financial audits and tax returns for properties in the Real Estate Management Department’s portfolio. Reviews procedures to ensure that all financial reports are reflected and reported accurately. Provides coordination of REM financial planning and budget management functions. Ensures company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Coordinates/reviews REM property financial audits and tax returns to provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Reviews agreements, contracts and documents to ensure that all financial reports are reflected and report accurately.
- Provides financial analyses as needed.
- Ensures that the necessary controls and audit trails are in compliance.
- Assists with establishing and implementation of REM properties policies and procedures.
- Monitors and analyzes monthly operating results against budget.
- Manages the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
- Identifies and recommends methods to create efficiencies between REM accounting and other departments.
- Supports and review procedures for opportunities for improvements.
- Assists with year-end work preparation for audit scheduled required by outside auditors.
- Attends all mandatory trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises Accounting staff. Hires, trains, supervises, motivates and develops accounting staff; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations; provides minimal day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance; ensures department performance appraisals are completed effectively and as scheduled.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in a non-profit affordable housing environment (HUD and Tax Credit accounting).
- Master’s in finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be fully vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., fully vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB - 16985