Position is for a full-time COS II to work at The Hilarita, Buchanan Park and Shelter Hill, affordable family housing communities in Tiburon, San Francisco, and Mill Valley, CA. Position will be mainly based at The Hilarita in Tiburon, CA. Qualified candidates must have a HS diploma or equivalent. Two years experience in property management and/or a housing regulatory agency
COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist) or CPO (Certified Profession of Occupancy) and/or TCS (Tax Credit Specialist; SCS – Site Compliance Specialist or SHCM – Specialist in Housing Credit Management and/or any related designation certification preferred. Must have ready access to reliable vehicle and maintain own auto insurance with EAH minimum requirements. Real Estate Salesperson license desirable. This position pays between $25.00 / hr to $32.50 /hr DOE.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition COSII002732 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Responsible for assisting Resident Managers through hands-on processing of applications and recertification for both new lease-up, acquisition rehab and stabilized sites. Utilizes knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations relevant to affordable multi-family housing development, Low Income Housing Tax Credits and HUD programs. Under the direction of the Property Supervisor, may assist in the absence of a Resident Manager in the operation of a property in accordance with EAH Administrative guidelines to ensure effective fiscal, physical and social soundness. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Verifies incomes and complies with HUD, LIHTC, CDBG, or other regulations regarding income certifications and other documentation/correspondence.
- Maintains and monitors a viable Wait List of qualified perspective residents, minimizing vacancy loss; sends proper notices to add and/or remove applicants as necessary.
- Conducts phone and on-site interviews for potential applicants/residents; shows unit(s) if available.
- Monitors online applications and completes applicant certification and resident re-certification process online.
- Schedules applicant appointments. Conducts initial and follow-up interviews as necessary and approves all move-in files prior to manager approval.
- Mails recertification letters to residents 120 days prior to the anniversary date of move-in; sets up appointments with residents to sign necessary forms.
- Assists the Resident Manager in preparation of internal and agency file inspections.
- Corrects internal and agency non-compliance file findings.
- Sends reminder notices to residents who fail to make prompt appointment responses for the recertification process.
- Reviews recertification schedule in Yardi on a monthly basis for timeliness.
- Reviews Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) monthly and quarterly reports and assists by resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures NAU (Next Available Unit) procedures are adhered to.
- Assists the Resident Manager and helps train new Resident Manager’s and on-site staff with the completion of annual and interim re-certifications in a timely manner.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FLOATING MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (when/where no Manager is present)
Assumes responsibilities of Resident Manager in the Resident Manager’s absence, under the direction of the Property Supervisor. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains regular office hours and assumes primary responsibility for tenant-management relations.
- Collects rents and makes electronic bank deposits.
- Enters all relevant transactions into the computer as described in the REM Policies and Procedures manual.
- Verifies incomes and complies with HUD, LIHTC or other regulations regarding income certifications and other documentation/correspondence. Completes annual and interim re-certifications in a timely manner.
- Regularly processes all invoices through Pay Scan.
- Prepares and processes security deposit agreements, inspections and other forms for incoming residents. Conducts inspections for outgoing residents and prepares final closing statements. Processes evictions with assistance from the Property Supervisor.
- Walks the grounds daily, making sure that everything on the property is clean and in good order. Monitors work orders.
- Ensures purchase of supplies do not exceed $500 without prior Property Supervisor approval.
- Processes reasonable accommodation and modification requests.
- May perform some or all of the essential responsibilities of the Leasing Agent, to include greeting prospective residents, showing model units, logging all rental traffic to include guest cards and phone calls and completing all follow-up of all rental inquires per EAH Policies and Procedures.
- May conduct market surveys of competition, including occupancy rates, amenities, prices, specials, traffic, etc., and use the information to develop marketing strategies.
- May conduct annual unit inspections. Assists in scheduling vacant units for rental and occupancy.
- Maintains a viable waiting list, markets units and screens applicants for vacancies according to appropriate guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have a HS diploma or equivalent. Two years experience in property management and/or a housing regulatory agency
COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist) or CPO (Certified Profession of Occupancy) and/or TCS (Tax Credit Specialist; SCS – Site Compliance Specialist or SHCM – Specialist in Housing Credit Management and/or any related designation certification preferred. Must have ready access to reliable vehicle and maintain own auto insurance with EAH minimum requirements. Real Estate Salesperson license desirable.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985