Position is for a full-time Data and Fund Development Associate at EAH Corporate located in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have an Associate degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience. 1 - 2 years database management and/or data entry. Bachelor's degree, demonstrated Salesforce experience and fundraising experience preferred.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family housing, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition DATAF002562 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
The Data and Fund Development Associate is responsible for maintaining the Contact Relationship Management database (Salesforce) and assisting with constituent relationship cultivation. Duties include gift management, statistical reporting and analysis, mailing list management, prospect research, and providing event assistance. Working with the Events and Fund Development Manager, this position will help build long lasting relationships with constituents like vendors, project partners, advocates and donors. Understands and supports the EAH Housing mission and core values. This position is characterized by a superior attention to detail, keen analytical skills, and good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains fund development databases, spreadsheets, and other tracking tools for multiple constituent communications. Ensures integrity of data.
- Handles all basic administrative functions including user maintenance, modification of page layouts, generation of reports and dashboards, creation of new fields and other routine tasks.
- Trains new users and grows the Salesforce skill set across the organization. Addresses Salesforce user questions and issues as they arise.
- Provides data queries/reports for appeals, events, campaigns, mailings, newsletter, emails, and other communications.
- Maintains donor (paper and electronic) files.
- Processes donations and prepares acknowledgement letters and other correspondence following best practices in donor acknowledgement protocols.
- Works with the fundraising team to develop reporting, analysis and data selections to support improved retention, income generation, and ROI.
- Supports events by tracking responses and tracking sponsorships and sponsor benefits, including managing collateral collection
Fund Development / Relationship Management
- Maintains Membership Tracking Spreadsheet and processes membership dues payments and sponsorship requests.
- Tracks all EAH Housing staff participation on Boards, committees, presentations, and municipality programs.
- Drafts, implements, and tracks cultivation constituency communications (calls, invites, meetings etc.)
- Generates regular gift batch reports and processes digital bank deposits.
- Troubleshoots gift processing issues such as online credit cards or merchant account issues.
- Reviews and closes monthly donor financials with accounting team.
- Assists Events and Fund Development Manager in one to two (1-2) special events in California and Hawaii. This includes new property groundbreakings and grand openings, fundraising galas/luncheons, housing advocacy events, community engagement events, and donor cultivation events. B. Supports event-related activities including but not limited to scheduling, sponsorship solicitation, vendor management, invoices, event logistics, event software, and other administrative duties.
- Manages the Communications Department’s credit card reconciliation process and collaborates with accounting liaison for department financials.
- Provides support to other duties in the Communications Department as needed.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience. 1 - 2 years database management and/or data entry. Must have valid driver’s license and DMV clearance. Must have access to reliable vehicle and maintain own auto insurance in accordance with EAH minimum requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated Salesforce experience
- Experience in relationship management and/or fundraising
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985