Position is for a full-time Business Systems Director to work in the EAH Corporate Office in San Rafael or Tarzana, CA. Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or Business Administration preferred. 5-10 years in computer technology field, particularly YARDI software. 5 -10 years in computer/software training and technical support required. 5 years management/supervisory experience. Affordable housing and/or real estate experience. Knowledge of HUD and TRACS. Salary commensurate to experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multifamily communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition DIREC02447 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Collaborates with EAH Departments to analyze business needs and is responsible for planning and organizing enterprise-level software systems. Develops policies and best practices to ensure integrity and security of all software systems throughout the organization. Manages the implementation of technical systems, software, hardware or solutions. Oversees and supports multiple implementation projects. Reviews internal clients' product demands, develops project plans and ensures implementations are completed on time, within budget, and meet management’s expectations. Oversees all related staff to ensure that projects are accomplished according to guidelines and that systems are operational at all times. Working with IT Department, resolves complex technical and software maintenance problems. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Working closely with other directors and senior management, oversees analysis, development and implementation of improvements, upgrades and advances to Yardi and other business software solutions throughout EAH.
- Researches optional features and upgrades of current software systems, with a goal of maximizing system utilization in response to business needs.
- Responsible for overall efficiency of business systems. Analyzes system usage; investigates opportunities for performance improvement and to minimize any duplication of effort.
- Anticipates business systems upgrade requirements to both minimize down time and allow for budgeting. Advises appropriate managers on upcoming business system needs.
- Negotiates with business systems vendors. Ensures that company is getting maximum value from any support contracts vendors.
- Acts as liaison between software vendors and end users. Provides market feedback on products and services to relevant EAH Departments.
- Advises Senior Management and various department staff in how to best use the products. Demonstrates business systems modules at a comprehensive level with a consultative approach. Sets up demo systems, demo data and manages presentation projects.
- Ensures that protocols are in place to monitor site compliance with EAH policies and procedures for business systems utilization.
- Participates in product webinars, trades shows, seminars and user conferences as appropriate.
- Prepares business systems budget for central office. Advises REM on budgeting for business systems needs of individual sites.
- Provides technical support over the telephone, email and through office visits. Fields questions from end users; recommends solutions to issues. Places emphasis on empowering end users to effectively use system.
- Provides assistance to other departments and their software systems and needs.
- Ensures system security via passwords and other methods.
- Develops training programs including manuals, policies and procedures for software systems.
- Oversees and conducts business systems training for all staff. In consultation with the Training and Employee Development Coordinator and REM Trainer, provides orientation and training to staff. This may include initial orientation of new staff as well as re-orientation of existing staff. Provides on-site training to properties and Real Estate Management team.
- Ensures that training content and materials are updated regularly and adhere to EAH policies and procedures.
- Ensures that sites are billed appropriately for training costs.
- Oversees the entire process of implementation of Yardi systems throughout EAH.
- Tracks and monitors property conversions.
- Assists EAH Departments in developing new reports, policies, procedures and improving overall processes.
- Working through Software Specialists, manages, researches, prioritizes, and resolves in-bound Yardi support inquires.
- Handles non-routine support issues.
- Oversees provision of on-site support and technical issue resolutions in a clear and detailed manner through in-person, e-mail, phone and other platforms of communication.
- Stays current on Yardi’s solutions and their relevance in the marketplace.
- Provides high quality responses to RFPs, RFIs and RFQs, as needed.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervises two or more technical support staff. Organizes, directs, and monitors daily activities of Software Support Staff.
- Orients new employees to position.
- Trains staff on emergency procedures and employee safety.
- Approves timesheets and time-off requests.
- Sets and oversee employee work schedules.
- Provides performance feedback to employees, including coaching, counseling and disciplining.
- Conducts regular meetings for discussions, problem solving, encouraging, and training.
Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field. 5 -10 years in application software, or computer technology field, particularly YARDI software. 5 -10 years in computer/software training and technical support required. 5+ years in Real Estate Management Operations or Real Estate Accounting. 5+ years management/supervisory experience. Affordable housing and/or real estate experience. Knowledge of HUD and TRACS.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985