Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH Academy, an in-house training program
Position is for a full time (40 hrs/week) District Manager to work at EAH Corporate in San Rafael, CA. The District Manager is responsible for direct supervision of on-site staff as Resident Manager for a particular property or properties, including the review, explanation, and reporting of financial reports to the Regional Property Supervisor, partners, and outside agencies. Two years of affordable housing multi site experience or experience in communicating with and reporting to regulatory agencies (i.e., HUD, TCAC, RHCP), partners, ownership boards, and senior management is desired. Must have valid driver’s license, DMV clearance and have access to reliable vehicle with own auto insurance. Must have REL or obtain one within 6 months of hire. Salary range: $75,600 - $115,500 per year; hiring range for new employees is generally $75,600 - $95,550 per year, DOE.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition DISTR003027 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Responsible for direct supervision of on-site staff as Resident Manager for a particular property or properties, including the review, explanation, and reporting of financial reports to the Regional Property Supervisor, partners, and outside agencies. Assists Regional Property Supervisor in overseeing the physical, operational, and social aspects of a portfolio of properties. Develops and ensures adherence to operating procedures and reports and recommends appropriate policies that support EAH’s strategic direction and plans. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Collects rents, makes bank deposits, prepares, and submits an accurate rent roll in a timely manner.
- Uses site computer software to accurately enter all relevant transactions as described in the REM Policies and Procedures and follows back up and transmission schedules.
- Verifies incomes and complies with HUD, Tax Credit or other regulations regarding income certifications and other documentation/correspondence. Completes annual and interim re-certifications in a timely manner. Conducts annual unit inspections at time of resident re-certification.
- Ensures security of all files and records.
- Maintains a waiting list, markets units and screens applicants for vacancies according to appropriate guidelines.
- Prepares and processes leases, security deposit agreements, inspections, and other forms for incoming residents. Conducts inspections for outgoing residents and prepares final closing statements.
- Supervises on-site staff with input from the Regional Property Supervisor on pay changes, counseling, and performance evaluations.
- Maintains regular office hours and assumes primary responsibility for tenant-management relations.
- Processes evictions with assistance from Supervisor.
- Assists with the preparation of budgets, common area reconciliations, and calculation of tenant charges.
- Regularly processes all invoices and submits to Accounting for payment.
- For HUD properties, ensures submission of vouchers by the 10th of the month.
- Walks the grounds daily with site inspection report, making sure that everything on the property is clean and in good order.
- Assists Regional Property Supervisor in developing specifications and obtaining bids from vendors/contractors to ensure quality work at reasonable cost.
- Purchases supplies not to exceed amount on employee contract without prior written approval of Regional Property Supervisor.
- Responsible for determining, tracking, and administering capital improvements and replacement programs, preventive maintenance, and capital improvement programs under the direction of the Regional Property Supervisor
- Assisting Regional Property Supervisor, acts as liaison between site staff and central office. Leads participatory portfolio meetings every month, focusing on staff training, safety, communication, and motivation. Relays pertinent information from property meetings and communicates staff feedback to Regional Property Supervisor and/or Director, REM.
- Responsible for ensuring that all projects operate in compliance with all local, state, and federal law.
- Responsible for administering Illness and Injury Prevention Program at each property, ensuring staff safety training and review of Accident Investigation Reports, Inspection checklists, and Hazard Report logs. Conducts periodic inspections. Ensures that each complex has a firmly established Emergency Action and Fire Prevention Plan. Works with on-site staff as necessary to ensure full compliance.
- Researches and responds to various resident, owner and/or vendor issues that cannot be delegated to the Resident Manager; ensures that fair housing practices are followed in all resident relations.
- Responsible for file compliance at each property in portfolio, working with on-site staff as necessary to ensure full compliance.
- Responsible for approving all new move-ins and recertifications, ensuring that on-site staff is using correct and most current leases, house rules, etc.
- Ensures that correspondence, contracts, and other property-related documentation are secured in EAH File Room. Also saves documentation to EAH shared computer files as appropriate.
- Oversees and/or assists lease-ups of new properties and ensures smooth transition into EAH portfolio.
- Responsible for achieving desired internal financial benchmarks for each asset within portfolio as defined by the Regional Property Supervisor, Director, REM and Traffic Light Report. (Includes occupancy levels, income levels, and cash flows.)
- Consults with appropriate corporate and on-site staff in developing and monitoring capital needs budgets, operational planning, and financial planning for new properties (including any new lease-ups).
- Responsible for full compliance with management agreement for each property.
- Monitors and analyzes monthly financials and variances.
- Reviews accounts payable for properties and strategizes “work-out” plan for aged payables.
- With assistance from on-site staff, prepares annual operating budget.
- Responsible for properties operating within budget. Anticipates, reports, and addresses any situations that may result in a property not operating within budget.
- Provides input to Regional Property Supervisor and makes recommendations regarding scheduling capital expenditures less than $5,000 for each community. (May be a different amount for larger properties.)
- Monitors reserve levels and processes draws on replacement reserves.
- Works with Resident Manager and attorney on evictions and collections.
- Ensures that property management fees and payroll expenses are being charged, billed, and collected in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensures resident satisfaction and retention.
Physical Management (in conjunction with Facilities Coordinator)
- Responsible for maintaining physical assets in accordance with company standards.
- Negotiates awards and coordinates service contracts within established EAH parameters.
- Conducts site visits (physical evaluation of properties and units) at a minimum of twice per month for the purpose of enforcing company policies and procedures including standards of safety, security, cleanliness, property attractiveness, and routine and preventive maintenance.
Communication and financial reporting to management, regulatory agencies, partners, ownership boards and fee managed owners.
- Develops, analyzes, and compiles various Property Management reports on a timely basis.
- Working with Operations Department, responsible for timely preparation of annual management certifications, contract renewals and rent increases of HUD properties, submitting to Regional Property Supervisor for approval, and then submitting to HUD Project Manager for approval.
- Communicates with and reports to boards, owners, and/or partners as needed; primary point of contact with HUD Project Manager, TCAC & RHCP, CHFA, and limited partners— prepares reports and responds to requests for information as needed, directly or through the Regional Property Supervisor.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident, applicant, and or employee information
- Attends mandatory trainings and as needed board, and other community meetings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular attendance and predictable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises Resident Managers and other on-site personnel.
- Orients new employees to position.
- Trains staff on emergency procedures and employee safety.
- Approves timesheets and time-off requests.
- Recommends pay and completes timely status changes.
- Sets and oversee employee work schedules.
- Provides performance feedback to employees, including coaching, counseling, and disciplining.
- Conducts regular meetings for discussions, problem solving, encouraging, and training.
High school diploma or equivalent. Three years of Property Management experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license and DMV clearance.
- Must have access to reliable vehicle and maintain own auto insurance in accordance with EAH minimum requirements.
- Must have current Real Estate license or get one within 6 months of starting position.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years of affordable housing multiple site experience
- Experience in communicating with and reporting to regulatory agencies (i.e., HUD, TCAC, RHCP), partners, ownership boards, and senior management.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be fully vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., fully vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985