Position is for a full-time Facilities Coordinator to work at EAH Corporate in Tarzana, CA. Facilities Coordinator will be managing the Southern California and Central Valley regions. Qualified candidates will have 3+ years of experience negotiating with vendors to obtain competitive pricing and have a California Driver’s License as well as DMV clearance. Must have ready access to reliable vehicle and maintain own auto insurance. Vehicle must able to transport routine maintenance supplies. Salary commensurate to experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition FACIL02367 on our website at www.eahhousing.org
Responsible for managing, developing, implementing and operating company-wide programs related to capital expenditures and vendor relationships. In conjunction with the Company’s and individual owners’ goals and objectives, assures well-managed and –maintained buildings with emphasis on response to resident concerns as well environmental health and safety. This position provides support to Property Supervisors, REM Directors and Facilities Director on a variety of maintenance related projects.
Capital Improvement Projects
- Updates the company’s capital improvement paperwork to include a more comprehensive set of documents for sending out RFPs with adequate specifications, comparing bids, executing contracts and implementing change orders.
- Reviews capital improvement projects that exceed $5,000 for all California properties. Ensures bid packages contain all required documentation, including any required insurance binder, and that bids are comparable before presenting to the Facilities Director or REM Director for approval. May act as liaison between contractors and Property Supervisor to provide project specifications, obtain competitive bids, and ensure execution of company-approved contracts as needed.
- As assigned, inspects properties to identify capital improvement needs and prepares comprehensive report.
- Oversees vendor contract administration (including scope of work, request for proposals, bids, deliverables, and evaluation of vendor performance). Approves workmanship of projects completed prior to issuance of vendor payments, as requested by a Property Supervisor.
- Maintains a copy of all capital improvement work completed at each property in the corporate files.
- Maintains a copy of all capital improvement work, by vendor, in a set of vendor files, which may be kept in electronic formant.
- Contributes to individual property budget preparation as needed by soliciting bids to assist in determining future capital improvement costs.
- Serves as consultant for reserve replacement accounts and annual budgets.
- Leads implementation of EAH’s environmental sustainability initiative at the property level.
Meeting Coordination / Participation
- Coordinates and leads monthly meetings with Maintenance Supervisors for purposes ensuring that properties establish and adhere to established EAH maintenance standards.
- Attends monthly REM meetings. Stays involved with outside groups, including Tri-County, AHMA, etc. as to benchmark best practices in the industry.
- Assists Manager with inspections, as needed, such as annual unit inspections or regulatory agency inspections.
- Assists Resident Manager / Property Supervisor in evaluating progress inspections of on-site work performed by outside contractors including Asbestos Remediation and other related Hazardous Materials Abatement vendors.
- Negotiates with vendors to obtain the best possible pricing for goods and services. Check references on new vendors.
- Sets up and maintains roster of national vendor accounts.
- Provides input for the selection of contract services, vendor negotiation of service agreements and is involved in the day-to-day monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement. Adheres to all corporate-required purchasing policies and controls, including, but not limited to, all outside contractor bids, budgets, and schedules.
Emergency Evacuation Plans
Works with the Property Supervisors to develop individualized emergency plans for each property.
New Development / Acquisitions
- Actively participates in the process of opening a new property or taking over an acquired property, including working with Real Estate Development staff to ensure positive transition.
- Assists Real Estate Development Department during the construction/acquisition phase of each project, and for the creation of a vendor book for all properties that includes warranty information, item specifications, colors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident, applicant, and or employee information.
- Attends mandatory trainings and meetings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan, and leads training efforts to prevent injury of maintenance staff.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises Capital Needs Assessment Coordinator
- Orients new employees to position.
- Trains staff on emergency procedures and employee safety.
- Approves timesheets and time-off requests.
- Sets and oversees employee work schedules.
- Provides performance feedback to employees, including coaching, counseling and disciplining.
- Conducts regular meetings for discussions, problem solving, encouraging, and training.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Three years’ experience negotiating with vendors to obtain competitive pricing. Valid California Driver’s License as well as DMV clearance. Must have ready access to reliable vehicle and maintain own auto insurance. Vehicle must able to transport routine maintenance supplies.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985