Position is for a full-time Front Desk/Office Manager to work at EAH Corporate located in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates must have 3-5 years of specialized administrative support experience of an increasingly responsible nature and 3-5 years of supporting middle to senior management employees or an entire department. Undergraduate degree preferred. Advanced Microsoft Office skills preferred. Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multifamily communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition FRONT002627 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Responsible for overall front office administrative activities, including facilities, large purchasing requests, mail, and reception. Based on knowledge of EAH policies, ensures that the flow of calls and visitors is managed using sound judgment and tact in all interactions. Understands and supports the mission and core values of EAH.
Responsible for management of San Rafael office:
- Ensures that reception waiting area, conference rooms, and kitchens are clean, functioning, and orderly.
- Maintains conference room calendar. Ensures that meeting rooms are prepared for meetings, including provisioning with meeting supplies, as needed.
- Ensures adequate supplies of paper, EAH stationery, toner cartridges, mail and kitchen supplies, and other similar items.
- Orders flowers for corporate staff, as requested.
- Coordinates Corporate office events, as needed.
- Coordinates kitchen clean-up.
Oversees front desk for San Rafael office.
- Ensures that callers and visitors are screened and referred to the appropriate staff member or handled personally.
- Ensures that safety protocols for staff and visitors are implemented and adhered to by visitors.
Adheres to established EAH protocols on voicemail and message distribution, handling requests for housing information, disclosure of property.
- Provide callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, phone numbers, company website, and other related information.
- Provides callers with housing referral information upon request via emailing or mailing EAH Resource List.
- Manages voicemail and message distribution; turns on/off answering service forwarding; retrieves and distributes messages from answering.
- Responsible for controlling entry into building and monitors visitors sign-in.
- Alerts upper management to security concerns, including reporting any suspicious activities or issues needing immediate attention.
- Completes intake of property-related complaints, submits Resident Concerns form and notifies property managers/supervisors and operations manager.
- Relays all Maintenance calls to Property Maintenance Technicians and Resident Managers.
Ensures accurate and timely mail distribution to EAH departments:
- Ensures that incoming mail is opened, date stamped, and timely routed to all departments daily. Ensures that established protocol for personal and/or confidential mail is maintained by administrative staff.
- Ensures that all property correspondence is scanned and sent electronically to Resident Managers.
- Ensures that all outgoing mail for EAH departments is sent out timely. Balances postage ledger and maintains funds in postage meter and supplies. Maintains Pitney Bowes postage machine and arranges for service when necessary.
- Ensures that, prior to the end of the business day, all outgoing mail specifically, time-sensitive letters or packages are dropped off at the post office or FedEx offices, as necessary.
- Coordinates the pickup and delivery of express mail/courier services (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Ensures that all incoming packages are logged into Package Log and email notifications are sent to recipient.
- Assists with larger mailing projects, as needed.
Negotiates purchases of office supplies and furniture for all EAH Corporate offices utilizing purchase order system in accordance with established EAH purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Responsible for the purchase, maintenance, and inventory of office equipment (except for computers) for all EAH Corporate offices.
- Processes and approves office-related invoices (FedEx, UPS, Office Depot, Konica Minolta, Integrity Shred, Pitney Bowes).
- Orders business cards for all office staff.
- CRM – Ensures that Contacts section in CRM is regularly updated with all employee changes from HR (New Employee Profiles, Separations, NH & COS). Audits property profiles as needed.
- Resource List – updates all properties on a constant basis with new/updated information provided by Property Management offices.
- Maintains security system, locks, and keys.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and Emergency Action Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises occasional temporary staff; may direct the work of other EAH administrative staff.
High school diploma or GED required; undergraduate degree preferred. 3-5 years of specialized administrative support experience of an increasingly responsible nature. 3-5 years of supporting middle to senior management employees or an entire department.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced MS Office software skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be fully vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., fully vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985