Position is for a full-time Grant and Content Writer to work in the Corporate Offices of EAH located in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field such as: Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Information Design, Digital Media/Media Arts, Urban Planning, or Public Policy. 5+ years’ experience in copy and/or grant writing. Must have valid driver’s license and DMV clearance. Must have access to reliable vehicle and maintain own auto insurance in accordance with EAH minimum requirements. Salary commensurate to experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multifamily communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition GRANT002558 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Focuses on increasing grant funding by researching grant opportunities from various sources that match the goals and objectives of the organization. Gathers information from various departments and coordinates/ writes grant proposals for government, corporate and foundation funds. Develops and maintains effective, long-term working relationships with grantors to facilitate approval of grant. Follows up with grantors to monitor grant status. Understands and supports the EAH Housing mission and core values.
- Writes grant proposals and reports.
- Cultivates a portfolio of foundation, corporate, and government funders. Maintains a working knowledge of foundation and corporate funding guidelines.
- Updates foundation relations reports.
- Monitors grant guidelines and deadlines and ensures timely submittals.
- Develops acknowledgement letters and thank you notes.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Researches, compiles, and analyzes EAH Housing data as needed for grants.
- Researches local newspapers, other publications and the internet and notes significant philanthropic activities.
- Performs prospective research to identify suitable grant funding prospects. Reports on findings to expand grant portfolio.
- Tracks grant activity, reports, solicitations, funding received and denied.
- Produces well-researched content for publication online and on print (website, email marketing, property descriptions, videos, blogs, etc.) to increase and maintain portfolio.
- Communicates and collaborates with the Communications team as well as members of the Real Estate Management and Development teams to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Writes content for marketing initiatives, training, manuals, special materials for Advisory Councils and Board meetings, organizational brochures, strategic directions, impact reports, etc.
- Creates and maintains standard descriptions or talking points for staff and partners around EAH initiatives. Ensures content used in community engagement activities, outreach, advocacy, and other communications around EAH Housing initiatives is accurate and up to date.
- Actively participates with Director and VP of Communications to create strategies, timelines, and outcomes for EAH Initiatives
- Updates and reviews current initiatives annually
- Coordinates Board, Advocate, Donor or staff communications and presentations for EAH Housing Initiatives
- May participate in community and public policy groups or attend conferences to keep informed of policies affecting affordable housing.
- Provides support to other duties in the Communications Department as needed.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field such as: Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Information Design, Digital Media/Media Arts, Urban Planning, or Public Policy. 5+ years’ experience in copy and/or grant writing. Must have valid driver’s license and DMV clearance. Must have access to reliable vehicle and maintain own auto insurance in accordance with EAH minimum requirements.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985