This position is for a full-time Groundskeeper at a 389-unit, multi-family affordable housing community in Honolulu, HI. Qualified candidates will have 6 months of related grounds experience. Pay is between $16.50/hr to $20.00/hr.
EAH Housing has been Developing, Managing and Promoting Affordable Housing since 1968. We have become one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops low-income housing, manages 106 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition GROUN02040 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Maintains the grounds and common areas of property (which include, but are not limited to, the pool and spa, club room, public rest rooms, laundry rooms, parking areas, stairwells, sidewalks, driveways, trees, shrubs, grass, flowers, exterior lighting and exterior building walls) in a safe, clean and well maintained condition.
- Sweeps and removes trash and other debris from the common areas, sidewalk and other traffic areas on a continuous basis, including curbs and carports Sweeps and blows all landings at least twice a week (if applicable).
- Maintains and repairs loose stairwell treads. Maintains and repairs the exterior lighting, including replacing burned out exterior light bulbs.
- Mows all lawn areas of the property as scheduled. Trims landscape borders and removes all clippings. Rakes and removes leaves and other debris from the landscaped areas.
- Reseeds grass, installs sod, and applies weed and insect deterrent chemicals and fertilizer as needed. Prepares and grades terrain and transplants shrubs and plants, installs decorative rock as needed.
- Trims trees and shrubs as directed. Maintains, adjusts, and repairs the irrigation system and fountains as needed.
- Digs trenches and installs drain tiles.
- Makes repairs to concrete and asphalt walks and driveways.
- Cleans and maintains pool and spa in accordance with city regulations. Performs routine maintenance and repairs to pool equipment as directed. Provides evidence of city license to service pool chemicals.
- Knows the location of water and gas meter shutoff valves, apartment and fixture shutoff valves, and sewer cleanouts. Know the emergency procedures for the property.
- Immediately reports any safety or health hazards or other unusual events to the Resident Manager.
- Promotes safety awareness to limit property loss and damage or injury to residents and visitors to the property.
- Ensures that storage rooms with gas or equipment are properly organized, secured, and locked. Maintains tools and equipment in good safe working order.
- Promotes high standards of professional appearance and positive relationships with residents, owners, other property management employees, contractors and vendors.
- Assists Maintenance Technicians and Maintenance Supervisor as needed.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident, applicant, and or employee information.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
6+ months of horticulture and plumbing; some experience in electrical and mechanical functions, preferred.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985