NOTE: Successful candidate will need to show proof of completed COVID vaccination prior to beginning employment.
Salary Hiring Range: $30,933-$38,666.
SUMMARY: Position is responsible for supporting HCV Program by performing advanced clerical work and supporting Program staff with basic case management functions. Plans majority of own work and may work directly with housing owners/managers and program participants. Position is accountable to the Chief Operating Officer with specific oversight and coordination responsibilities delegated to the Housing Choice Voucher Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Update electronic and paper Program records
- Provide guidance to stakeholders concerning responsibilities and procedures
- Assist in preparing periodic reports and related documentation
- Support initial tenant approval, re-examination, interim examination, and inspection processes
- Perform routine office duties such as answering telephones, screen and respond to calls and filing
- Serves as the first point of contact for the HCVP Department
- Manage and update the Housing Choice Voucher and Project Based Voucher wait list
- Coordinate Briefing preparation and execution
- Processing Program information including electronic and paper formats
- Support and comply with Program policies and regulations, as overseen by the HCV Manager
- Conduct Housing Quality Standard Inspections
- Performs other related tasks, as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibility.
Must be high school graduate or equivalent.
- Training and or experience in social services, HUD housing programs or property management preferred.
- Knowledge of HCV and PBV Program policies and HUD regulations.
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel, Word (Including Mail Merge) skills.
- Must have clerical skills including, the abilities to operate all office equipment.
- Ability to work independently, communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with difficult customers.
- Possess emotional intelligence.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to compile statistical and to prepare reports from that data.
- Ability to create systematic processes.
- Must have strong transferable skills which include organizational, customer service, problem solving, manage competing priorities, measured initiative.
Valid Virginia Driver’s License, criminal background, and drug screening check required.