Position is for a full-time (40 hours/week) Human Resources Business Partner to work for EAH Corporate in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5+ years HR experience. Demonstrated employee relations, leave of absence, performance management and talent acquisition experience. Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and HRIS systems. SHRM or HRCI designation preferred. Experience with Ultipro system a plus.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family communities, manages over 10 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition HRBUS002548 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under general supervision and acting on own initiative, performs a wide variety of professional level human resources activities for assigned region in recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, leave management and related areas. Makes recommendations regarding new or existing human resources policies. Conducts research, analyzes data and prepares recommendations on assigned projects. Works closely with VP and HR Manager in developing, implementing, and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, and activities. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values
- Works with HR Team, managers and supervisors to ensure that employee completes new hire orientation within 30 days from date of hire.
- Checks in with employees at key milestones (30, 60, 90, 180 days). Reviews employee survey results and connects with employees.
- Coordinates with Learning Managers and outside entities to plan, design, and conduct training modules on Human Resources systems, practices, and policies.
- Makes recommendations to HR Director on improvements to onboarding program.
- Provides guidance to supervisors on pay decisions.
- Completes salary surveys for assigned region, as needed.
- Answers routine benefit questions.
- Promotes employee wellness programs. Serves as champion for assigned region. Ensures target participation and engagement levels are met.
- Leaves of Absence/Workers’ Compensation:
- Working with third-party administrators (LOA & WC), oversees leaves of absence and Workers Compensation claims from first request to closure for the assigned region.
- Serves as the point of contact for phone, emails, and mail communications with employees staff regarding all leaves of absence, WC claims and related processes for assigned region.
- Provides instruction to employees, managers and supervisors and payroll staff on appropriate procedure for all types of leaves and WC claims, including interactive process/discussion, modified duty training.
- Working through third party administrators, (LOA & WC) oversees integration of leaves (i.e. Worker’s compensation with FMLA) and integration with other functions (benefits during LOA, payroll, etc.).
- Employee Relations/Performance Management/Employee Retention:
- Oversees roll out of employee satisfaction survey for assigned region, as needed. Analyses results and works with manager and supervisors for created and implementation on Action Plans in assigned region.
- Partners with management on employee relations issues, counseling supervisors on appropriate employee coaching, motivating and disciplinary actions.
- Oversees performance review process for assigned region, including training managers and supervisors on HR performance managements systems.
- Oversees separation/termination process, ensuring that separation paperwork is received in HR and final pay is sent out in accordance with policy.
- Notes trends and makes recommendation to HR Director on programs and policies that would address current workplace challenges.
- At the direction of HR Director, conducts workplace investigations.
- Attends employment-related hearings, including unemployment appeals, as necessary.
- Researches, makes, recommends and/or drafts new policies and procedures in response to company needs.
- Partners with management on roll out and/or enforcement of key policies such as Real Estate Licensing requirements. Ensures that supporting documentation is on file for licensed employees.
- Produces employee communications, as needed.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations in order to ensure Company compliance.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5+ years HR experience. Demonstrated employee relations, leave of absence, performance management and talent acquisition experience. Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and HRIS systems
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field. SHRM or HRCI designation. Experience with Ultipro system.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have received such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID - 19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be fully vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., fully vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985