This position is for a full-time Human Resources Coordinator to work at the EAH Housing Corporate Offices in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field. Qualified candidates will have 2+ years HR administrative experience in recruitment, onboarding and employee relations. Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook). Experience with HRIS a plus. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred. Position pays between $25/hr to $32.31/hr DOE
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We have become one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 405, EAH develops low-income housing, manages 102 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition HRCOO002639 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under general supervision and acting on own initiative, performs a wide variety of support and administrative activities in employment, benefits, employee relations, training and related areas. Takes initiative ensure that department data and record keeping is complete and accurate. Provides excellent customer service to employees. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Recruitment. Assists with recruitment efforts, including but not limited to posting on job boards, tracking posting expenses on requisition in HRIS, coordinating job fairs, conducting references, monitoring completion of background screens and fingerprinting. Assists with drafting job flyers, offer letters and other employment documents and contracts. Follows up with Hiring Managers regarding open requisitions and diversity reporting. Assists with temp assignments. Assists with tracking recruitment related expenses and reconciling recruitment invoices related expenses for submission to Accounting for payment processing.
- Onboarding. Assists with onboarding new employees, including guiding new hires and Hiring Managers through completion of new hire paperwork and I-9 documentation/verification, Follows up with employees and supervisors on completion of orientation training map and follows up with new hires after 30 days to answer any questions. Assists with scheduling new hire orientation.
- May assist Learning Managers with coordinating and conducting employee training.
- Updates/streamlines all job descriptions and maintain on HRIS.
- Produces employee communication in a variety of formats; helps build and maintain department knowledge management.
- Pandemic response. Tracks employee completion of health check-in questionnaires, conducts contact tracing for virus exposure, and tracks employee vaccinations. Works with HR Business Partners to follow up with employees based on data collected.
- Workers Comp. Ensures that employees submit work status reports after follow up appointments and alerts Safety Manager to any modified work requirements.
- Notifies HR Business Partner and Tristar about possible leaves of absence.
- Working with HR Business Partner and employee’s immediate supervisor, coordinates Temporary Alternative Work program to minimize lost time.
- Employee Relations: May assist with employee investigations and document review, as needed. Keeps employee counseling log up to date. Assists in updating and reviewing employee roster in Success Factors, including assigning team goals to new hires. Participates in events and programs to support employee morale.
- Post-employment claims. Processes routine unemployment claims, referring non-routine claims to HR Business Partner/HR Director for response. Logs all claims and results and responds to any discrepancies on quarterly charges against Company’s unemployment account.
- Ensures all documents related to work are stored and labelled appropriately.
- Maintains current HR-related forms on OneDrive, department intranet and on SharePoint.
- As requested, enters data into HRIS and produces reports.
- Assists with coding of HR-related billing statements and invoices. Sends to appropriate HR Team member for approval and submission to Accounting for payment.
- Contacts Community Relations for press release on major promotions and new hire announcements.
- Assists with special projects and correspondence.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Actively participates in safety program
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field. 2+ years HR administrative experience. Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with HRIS.
- Bilingual English-Spanish
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985