This position is for a full-time Human Resource Generalist at the EAH Housing Corporate offices in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have a strong understanding of wide range of human resources functions such as recruitment, onboarding, and employee engagement. Qualified Candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years HR experience, demonstrated employee relations and talent acquisition experience. Must have proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and HRIS systems. Experience with UKG/Ultipro system a plus. Salary commensurate to experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We have become one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops low-income housing, manages 102 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to HRGEN002626 on our website at www.eahhousing.org
Under general supervision and acting on own initiative, performs a wide variety of professional level human resources activities in recruiting, employee relations, benefits and related areas. Makes recommendations regarding new or existing human resources policies. Conducts research, analyzes data and prepares recommendations on assigned projects. Works closely with HR Director in developing, implementing, and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, and activities. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
Recruiting/Hiring— Assists with recruitment efforts, including:
- Acting as liaison with temporary placement agencies and recruitment resources.
- Assists HRBP/Recruiter with job postings, requisitions, internal communications, interview scripts, ads and relating billing.
- Works with HRBP/Recruiter and hiring manager to determine recruitment strategy.
- Assists with reviewing resumes, noting those that don’t meet minimum qualifications, and flags for manager review.
- As needed, performs initial phone screenings and 1st and/or 2nd round interviews.
- Administers and coordinates any pre-hire testing.
- May perform criminal background checks and, as needed, reference checks. Responsible for correspondence to candidates whom have not passed criminal background checks, including documentation and filing.
- Advises hiring managers on hiring decisions, referring unusual or problematic issues to supervisor.
- Prepares and generates offer letters and new hire paperwork.
- Responsible for internal new hire notifications for both temps and employees.
- Maintains electronic applicant filing in the HRIS system and shared files
- Responsible for maximizing capabilities of Recruitment Gateway and Onboarding Module, including system implementation, training managers on its use, creating appropriate candidate assessments and reports. Utilizes to track recruiting efforts and measure results.
- Assists with administration of fingerprint program.
- Affirmative Action Plan -
- Ensures Diversity Reports are completed for every job opening within 2 weeks of requisition closing.
- Reviews AAP testing results and ensures that all supervisors are complying with plan requirements and are aware of annual AAP goals.
- Ensures recruiting efforts encompass outreach goals and other program requirements.
- Provides guidance to supervisors on pay decisions.
- Answers routine benefit questions.
- Promotes employee wellness programs.
Leaves of Absence/Workers’ Compensation
- Working with third-party administrators (LOA & WC), oversees leaves of absence and Workers Compensation claims from first request to closure for the assigned department, property or region.
- Serves as the point of contact for phone, emails, and mail communications with staff regarding all leaves of absence, WC claims and related processes for assigned department, property or region.
- Provides instruction to employees, managers and supervisors and payroll staff on appropriate procedure for all types of leaves and WC claims, including interactive process/discussion, modified duty training.
- Working through third party administrators, (LOA & WC) oversees integration of leaves (i.e. Worker’s compensation with FMLA) and integration with other functions (benefits during LOA, payroll, etc.).
- Partners with management on employee relations issues, counseling supervisors on appropriate employee coaching, motivating and disciplinary actions for assigned department/properties.
- Notes trends and makes recommendation to HR Director on programs and policies that would address current workplace challenges.
- At the direction of HR Director, conducts workplace investigations.
- Attends employment-related hearings, including unemployment appeals, as necessary.
- Researches, makes, recommends and/or drafts new policies and procedures in response to company needs.
- Produces employee communications as needed.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations in order to ensure Company compliance.
Coordinates with Learning and Employee Development managers and outside entities to plan, design, and conduct training modules on Human Resources systems, practices, and policies.
Volunteer Program: Provides assistance for volunteer program including:
- Reviews and tracks volunteer applications, performs criminal background checks, and corresponds with managers on the comings and goings of volunteers.
- Responsible for sending correspondence to volunteers who have not passed criminal background checks, including documentation and filing.
- Actively participates in safety program.
- Assists department head with special projects.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years HR experience.
Demonstrated employee relations and talent acquisition experience.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and HRIS systems
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Experience with Ultipro system.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be fully vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., fully vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985