This position is for a HR/Payroll temp to work at EAH Corporate located in San Rafael, CA. Must have 1+ years of HR administrative experience. Temporary position is for 6 months. Must be proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook). Bachelors degree in HR or related field preferred. Experience with HRIS and Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multifamily communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition OPPOR02351 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of support and administrative activities in payroll and benefits. Assist with biweekly payroll by reviewing electronic timesheets in timekeeping system (Kronos) for accuracy and ensuring recordkeeping is complete and accurate. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. Provides excellent customer service to employees. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
Payroll Assists with the processing of accurate, timely bi-weekly multi-state payroll for all employees (550+), including on-site staff, using electronic timekeeping
- Reviews pending timesheet change request/time off; rejects any incorrect request and emails employee and manager.
- Reviews and resolves any daily exceptions in timekeeping software. Calls sites with any questions regarding time records. Alerts managers to any unusual situations, via email/calls.
- Monitors and responds to emails sent to Kronos Support in addition to own Review daily. Move addressed emails to the appropriate pay period folder.
- Answers routine questions from employees and managers regarding timekeeping software and troubleshoots
- Reviews employee timecards to ensure they are completed accurately and alerts the Payroll Specialist of any potential anomalies prior to payroll processing.
- Periodically reviews sick/vacation/comp accruals for accuracy, and for compliance with EAH policies.
- Updates the new hire information from HRIS system to Timekeeping system
- Reviews employee Change of Status forms and makes appropriate changes in the Timekeeping system.
- Generates reports as requested.
- Assists with processing new hire paperwork and data entry into HRIS, ensuring that all required forms are completed and placed in appropriate personnel file.
- Assists with coordination of onboarding employees during acquisitions of new properties.
- Assists the HR Assistant on following-up with employees to ensure that they enroll in benefits plans or sign appropriate waivers. Sends reminders, as necessary.
- Assists with the administration of benefit enrollments and terminations.
- Assists in processing employee loan and distribution requests for retirement plan.
- Assists with answering routine employee benefit questions.
- Assists with preparing and maintaining accurate human resources files, records, and information, ensuring that filing is kept current.
- Maintains current HR-related forms on H Drive and/or SharePoint.
- As requested, enters data into HRIS and produces reports.
- Assists with Verification of Employment Requests.
- Assists HR Manager with special projects.
- Attends all mandatory training.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Actively participates in safety program.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field preferred. 1-2 years HR administrative experience. Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Experience with HRIS.
- Bilingual English-Spanish
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985