Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH Academy, an in-house training program
This position is for a full-time (40 hrs/wk) Education, Advocacy and Government Relations Manager to work at EAH Corporate in San Rafael, CA. This is a hybrid remote position. Qualified Candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field such as: Public Policy, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Urban Planning, or Political Science, or equivalent experience. Salary commensurate to experience.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition HYBRI002825 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Responsible for promoting legislative efforts that are beneficial to the creation of affordable housing and growing EAH Housing’s portfolio. Synthesizes EAH Housing policy initiatives and issue tracking as they help advance EAH Housing’s federal, California and Hawaii state, and local policy agendas. Provides thought partnership and tactical support to educate our communities and advocates about the creation of more affordable housing opportunities. Provides research and analyses on a variety of issues, monitors critical government activities, engages with state and local government and staff, and collaborates with partner advocacy organizations on campaigns to earn the backing of government officials and the public. Stays current on existing and proposed legislation, meeting with local, state, and federal government officials and lobbyists, and updating management on relevant laws and regulations. This position is characterized by a high degree of initiative, responsibility, accountability, and ability to work congenially with a wide variety of staff, individuals, business partners, and vendors. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values..
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with members of federal, state, and local government entities and agencies to help with efforts to create more affordable housing and grow EAH’s portfolio in CA and HI.
- Collaborates and partners with Manager, Resident Advocacy and Director, Portfolio Finance and Policy, and advocacy organizations to campaign for policies and programs beneficial to development of affordable housing and the expansion of EAH’s portfolio. Develops affordable housing advocacy campaigns, timelines, criteria for success, and analyzes impact.
- Manages and organizes resident and partner outreach for community engagement activities and acceptance efforts for new affordable housing projects. Participates in community and public policy groups or attends conferences to keep informed of policies affecting affordable housing.
- Assists senior management and leadership with strategic planning for known and potential regulatory activities related to affordable housing development and management by preparing comprehensive analyses on affordable housing policy issues and critical government activities. Researches and monitors, and tracks state and local legislative and regulatory issues pertaining to affordable housing. summarizes news, industry association publications, and journal articles, capturing trends on key issues. Tracks policy issues and updates by monitoring traditional media, social media, and blogs. Maintains a detailed, up-to-date record of EAH Housing’s interactions and engagement with key government stakeholders.
- Organizes and participates in meetings and events with key affordable housing and government stakeholders. Prepares messaging and talking points and briefing materials for EAH Housing senior management and partners for oral testimonials at Planning Commission, city council, county supervisor meetings and similar opportunities. Drafts copy for legislative summaries, policy position papers, presentations, and email updates. May testify before government committees in support of the organization and/or affordable housing sector. Prepares debrief summaries for EAH executive staff.
Manager, Education, Advocacy, and Government Relations
- Maintains effective lines of communication between advocates, elected officials, community leaders,
government officials, organizational memberships and EAH staff in California and Hawaii.
- Drafts correspondence, letters of support, social media content related to EAH Housing’s policy
- Supports Real Estate Management and Real Estate Development departments with community
outreach, constituent efforts, and community engagement strategies.
- Attends and actively participates in mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field such as: Public Policy, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Urban Planning, or Political Science, or equivalent experience.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be fully vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., fully vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985