Related Management is currently seeking an experienced Janitor/Porter for a 150 unit and 51 unit affordable residential communities located in Northeast Chicago and Wilmette, IL. The entrance is the first impression all our residents receive when they walk into our building. It will be your duty to make sure Related’s reputation is upheld through an exemplary experience from the time they walk through our front doors. Your customer service is what will help us retain our residents once that first impression is forgotten. The porter is responsible for the general upkeep and grounds keeping of the communities. This Janitor/Porter will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the lobby, hallways, elevators, common areas, and restrooms by mopping, sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, garbage removal, and special projects as assigned.About 90% of job will be dedicated to cleaning duties and 10% dedicated to light maintenance
- Cleans and maintains pristine cleanliness of front lobby, hallways, restrooms, elevators, stairways, and other common area including washing, dusting, polishing, etc.
- Maintains common area floors including, wash and wax hard surface flooring, vacuuming carpets and rugs, washing carpets and rugs, cleaning tile grout, etc.
- Maintains common area walls, windows, and doors including, wash and clean, and washing windows
- Maintains common area lighting which involves changing light bulbs when lights are out
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate level of sanitary and cleaning supplies for assigned areas
- Empty all trash receptacles and transport trash to the disposal area.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 90% of job will be dedicated to Cleaning duties and 10% dedicated to light maintenance duties
Benefits and Features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years prior experience working as a Janitor, Cleaner, or Porter in a Hotel or apartment building or similar environment that requires good hospitality and customer service skills.
1-2 years plus verifiable Janitor, Cleaner, or Porter experience
Hands on experience with a majority of the above duties
Must be reliable and have experience working with cleaning chemicals
Must be a team player and be able to work with little supervision
Polite with experience working in a customer service environment
Must have excellent time management skills and work ethic to get daily job tasks done on time each day
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and be on feet for extended periods of time during an 8 hr shift
Must have Reliable transportation to get to and from sites
Light Maintenance knowledge is a plus
*This role will require travel between 2 sites located in Northeast Chicago and Wilmette, IL
*Pay rate is $14-15/hr DOE
Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our 42 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of these projects for years to come.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer