Presenting properties and provided amenities in a positive light to prospective tenants. Acting as a landlord for property owners and help them navigate the property market. Advertising available properties using a variety of media and promoting materials.
Qualifications / Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED
- 6 months to 1 year of housing lease
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS)
- Site Compliance Specialist (SCS)
- Present properties and provided amenities in a positive light to prospective tenants
- Act as a landlord for property owners and help them navigate the property market
- Advertise available properties using a variety of media and promoting materials
- Determine the needs, living standards and economic viability of prospective customers
- Confirm rental application data and personal references
- Stay knowledgeable of the property market status
- Provide information on all aspects of properties (expansion, zoning, crime, etc…)
- Negotiate leasing terms and conditions and close deals
- Ensure proper maintenance and inspect properties periodically
Essential Skills and Abilities
- General office duties including answering phones, creating memos, email correspondence and knowledge of HUD regulations/policies.
- Ability to use statistical data for the recertification process, ability to determine resident turnover and reasons why residents are moving, ability to determine resident needs.
- Ability to communicate with residents, other site‐level staff, corporate office staff, vendors, and contractors
- Ability to organize and maintain tenant files, coordinate monthly activities and maintain waiting lists
- Ability to design flyers, calendars, bulletin boards, activities and forms; ability to promote property through marketing and leasing efforts.
- Ability to motivate others and operate as a team; ability to take initiative and delegate work to others; ability to handle emergency situations.
- Ability to calculate social security rates, rent payments, and prorates; ability to maintain purchasing and declining balances.
- Computer Skills: Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet, One‐Site.
- Other Skills: Customer Service, Confidentiality, Patience, Professionalism, and Teamwork.
Work is typically performed in a normal office environment with moderate noise level. Walking is required for property tours and you may be exposed to weather conditions. It may be necessary to lift up to 25 pounds when accepting resident packages.