About Related Affordable
Related Affordable is the division of Related Companies that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and mixed-income developments demonstrate the company’s continuing ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods. Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000 affordable and workforce housing units.
This is a full time temporary job.
Your role with the company:
The mailroom clerk, under the supervision of the Customer Service Manager, is responsible for maintaining the package room in a neat and orderly manner. The clerk is to coordinate the acceptance and distribution of packages to the residents and different departments of Manhattan Plaza.
- Receiving and distributing packages from United Parcel Service and the United States Postal Service on a daily basis to residents and operations and management.
- Scanning, sorting and shelving the packages.
- Placing package room notifications on the mailbox’s of residents informing them that there is a package received for them in the package room.
- Maintaining the package room clean and organized on a daily basis.
- Providing the supervisor with weekly tally of daily tasks assigned.
- Other duties when required by your supervisor.
Manhattan Plaza has two towers with 1,689-units of federally-subsidized housing located at 400 West 43rd Street, just west of Times Square. Seventy percent of the property’s units are occupied by performing artists with the remaining balance occupied by community elderly and low-income residents.
- 40 hours work week
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and be on feet for extended periods of time during an 8 hour shift
- 8 hours workday based on schedule provided by supervisor
- The schedule may be changed by supervisor based on job need
- Overtime may be required
- Alternating holiday and weekend scheduling of assigned work will be determined at the discretion of the supervisor
- Must have excellent time management skills and work ethic to get daily job tasks done on time each day
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer