Your role with the company:
The mailroom clerk, under the supervision of the Customer Service Manager, is responsible for maintaining the package room in a neat and orderly manner. The clerk is to coordinate the acceptance and distribution of packages to the residents and different departments of Manhattan Plaza.
- Receiving and distributing packages from United Parcel Service and the United States Postal Service on a daily basis to residents and operations and management.
- Registering the receipt of the packages in the daily log (excel spreadsheet).
- Lunch coverage schedule to be determined.
- Other duties when required by your supervisor.
- Sorting, shelving and logging the packages into the excel spreadsheet with the date and apartment number.
- Providing the supervisor with weekly tally of the day, date, time of receiving the packages and the number of packages.
- Placing package room notifications on the mailbox’s of residents informing them that there is a package received for them in the package room.
- Distributing packages to residents at the package room once cardkey and picture identification is presented.
- Second notice placed on mailboxes for non-perishable items. Telephone notification to residents of packages that are perishable and have not been picked up after one day. Telephone notification to residents after three to four days of non-perishable items.
Manhattan Plaza has two towers with 1,689-units of federally-subsidized housing located at 400 West 43rd Street, just west of Times Square. Seventy percent of the property’s units are occupied by performing artists with the remaining balance occupied by community elderly and low-income residents.
- 40 hours work week
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and be on feet for extended periods of time during an 8 hour shift
- 8 hours workday based on schedule provided by supervisor
- The schedule may be changed by supervisor based on job need
- Overtime may be required
- Alternating holiday and weekend scheduling of assigned work will be determined at the discretion of the supervisor
- Must have excellent time management skills and work ethic to get daily job tasks done on time each day
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer