The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible, under the direction of the Community Manager, for the overall maintenance, including mechanical maintenance and physical appearance, of one or more sites.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Participate in all maintenance projects, including periodic inspection of all units, buildings and common areas. Perform repairs and janitorial assistance as needed, as well as specific maintenance as detailed below.
2. Schedule and assign work order requests, adhering to maintenance priorities.
3. Obtain bids for work and/or services. Coordinate maintenance related contractor activities, including contract negotiations and scope of work. Have full knowledge regarding contracts, suppliers, their goods and services.
4. Maintain inventory of tools, equipment and supplies. Adherence to monthly, quarterly, and annual budget perimeters for purchasing in necessary supplies.
5. Maintain accurate records for all required logs, preventive maintenance, warranties, inspection, inventories and work orders.
6. Perform essential maintenance functions including but not limited to: light electrical repairs (appliances, fixtures, outlets, circuits, etc.), light plumbing work (clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, etc), light carpentry work (fitting doors, freeing windows, etc.), interior and exterior painting, and rekeying locks. Assist in custodial work including but not limited to pressure washing, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, trash removal, cleaning windows, etc. Repair concrete, masonry, roof and fencing when required. Assist exterminator when required.
7. Have knowledge of all property water and gas meter cut offs, all apartment and fixture cut offs, and sewer clean outs, and post map of same. Operate within OSHA standards and company safety policies and procedures at all times.
8. Adhere to and stay current on all applicable building codes.
9. Performed scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturers’ recommendations and operating manuals.
10. Ensure effective, timely and professional interactions with residents contractors and property management team on all maintenance services provided.
11. Participate in on-call schedule for evening, weekend, holiday and emergency coverage. Must respond in a timely manner to all after hours and emergency calls.
12. Work in conjunction with the Community Manager to plan for, and successfully execute unit turnover to prepare all vacant bedrooms and units for new move ins during a condensed time period.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3 or more year’s full-time maintenance experience.
- Residential property management experience preferred.
- Formal training or experience in the following areas: carpentry, light plumbing, light electrical, painting, and refurbishing/cleaning air conditioning units.
- Willingness to assist with and work in areas other than strictly repair maintenance, such as janitorial, custodial, landscaping, painting, etc.
- Boiler license where required.
- Familiarity with OSHA Standards is required.
- Minimum of 2 year’s supervisory
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Any college or advanced technical training is preferred.
- Current HVAC certification is required.
- Current CPO (Certified Pool Operator) is preferred. Ability to obtain CPO if not already in possession is required.