Industry leader, Related Management, has a great career opportunity for a Maintenance Supervisor at a 158 unit apartment community located in Bloomington, IL. We are looking for a team member with a passion for excellence, a “can do” attitude and a dedication to quality. The employee will report to the Community Manager on site and is responsible for the overall maintenance of the property and supervision of the porters/maintenance staff on site. This person is responsible for being hands on and completing the work orders on a timely basis. Additionally, the Maintenance Supervisor performs all duties in compliance with company policies and procedures, the Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes.
*Acts as a working supervisor, with majority of time spent performing maintenance functions.
*Maintain a detailed understanding of the overall property and customer/resident based community.
*Inspect the building and property on a daily basis and performed routine preventative maintenance and immediately addressing safety issues.
*Responds to emergency maintenance repairs after normal working hours or assigns to another team member.
*Make budget recommendations to the Property Manager for all maintenance line items and assists the Property Manager in controlling maintenance expenses.
*Order and maintain inventory of building materials and supplies as required.
*Coordinate efforts between management and contractors and obtain bids for repairs and replacements as per company guidelines.
*Ensures that all company maintenance policies and procedures are implemented at the property.
*Ensures that company standards for the performance of maintenance functions are consistently maintained.
*Provides direction, guidance, and supervision to all maintenance staff at the property.
*Responsible for preparing and implementing weekly maintenance staff work schedules.
*Provides training of maintenance staff to ensure proper performance of their functions, consistent with company policies, procedure and standards.
*Ensure service contractors as scheduled for appropriate maintenance (exterminator, elevator, standpipe sprinkler, boiler, etc.).
*Remove snow and ice and keep sidewalks clean and safe during inclement weather.
*Keep and maintain accurate records as required by regulation or company operating protocols.
*Responsible for general upkeep of the building which includes, but is not limited to making sure that all common areas are in a clean and orderly state and the landscaping is up kept.
Involvement with the tenant community and reporting any issues to management in a timely manner.
Benefits and Features:
*Incentive bonus program
*Training and development programs
*Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
*Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
Key Skill Set
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications, the ability to read service requests, to read and understand policies and procedures including but not limited to Key Control Policy and all Maintenance Emergency policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate with team members, residents and vendors in order to provide customer service.
- Ability to identify cleaning and chemical supplies, ability to read and understand Hazard Communication Safety Data Sheets (SDS), ability to understand proper applications of chemicals and general cleaning supplies, ability to frequently handle and properly dispose of these products.
- Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, fitness equipment, waste management systems.
- Complete understanding of emergency systems, shutoffs, locations and sequence of operations.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to frequently handle and use chemicals and general cleaning supplies.
- Ability to understand basic knowledge of boilers, chillers, cooling towers, electrical, flooring, plumbing, sprinklers and steam systems
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance vision
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools