The Schochet Companies are Hiring!
The Schochet Companies is a full-service real estate development and management company seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to perform a variety of functions within the Property Management Team. The Stearns Apartments is situated in the heart of Boston. This 140-unit affordable housing community also includes 4 commercial spaces. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of day-to-day maintenance operations of the property. Direct all operations of maintenance team, including porters. Must possess adequate knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliance repair and unit turnover procedures. Minimum of 3+ years Property Maintenance and supervisory experience required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs assigned staff. Reviews and evaluates performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals
- Schedules and assists with daily operations (service orders, repaints/re-carpets, apartment turnovers, etc.)
- Develops and adheres to maintenance budget. Authorizes maintenance expenditures;
- Coordinate service contracts and oversee any vendor and contractor activities
- Quality control checks for completed work by maintenance staff, contractors and vendors
- Communicate effectively with residents, fellow associates, vendors and supervisors
- Conduct and document regular property inspections and communicate results
- Inspect vacated apartments and complete ‘make-ready’ checklist and inform manager of needed services and repairs
- Required to be available and often on-site in the event of a weather or property emergency
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules, safety practices and regulations
Must live within 30 minutes of Boston for rotating on-call and have a valid driver’s license and own transportation. Hours will be 6:30am-3pm.
Excellent Benefits and Competitive Salary. Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 617-830-0370. Pre-employment background check & drug test required. EOE
For more information on this position please contact Robin @ 617-398-5144.
The Schochet Companies has an AMO designation (Accredited Management Organization) awarded by the Institute of Real Estate Management.