Provides leadership, direction and oversight for the physical condition, appearance, and operational efficiency of the property, ensuring a safe and attractive living environment for residents and a great place to work for associates, exceptional quality and service, sustained resident satisfaction and associate engagement.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND TALENTS:
- Minimum three years as a maintenance technician or other applicable experience; prior supervisory experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Extensive knowledge in areas such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, equipment repair, and painting.
- Experience with boilers systems a plus.
- EPA Section 608 Technician Certification- Type II or Universal Certification (or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment).
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to lead, direct, and motivate others to innovate and excel.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment demonstrating strong organizational and follow up skills along with an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact, in English, with a diverse group of associates, residents and external agencies.
- Ability to read, in English, at a level sufficient to understand policies and procedures, safety notices, general business correspondence and/or documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy. Strong customer service orientation to older adults.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with basic computer keyboarding and navigational skills.