POAH Communities, an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving ‘at risk’ affordable rental housing, is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as a full-time Maintenance Technician for its Hawthorne Place Apartments in Independence, MO.
- Insuring a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors and staff.
- Being aware of the condition of apartment property throughout the community and immediately initiate action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Scheduling and performing routine preventative maintenance on all appropriate equipment.
- Performing work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Diagnosing and perform minor and routine maintenance/repairs.
- Insuring all make-ready repairs and services are completed.
- Inspecting and helping coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services.
- Assisting in keeping grounds neat and clean. Rake, sweep, shovel as necessary.
- High School diploma or GED required. HVAC certification preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance coverage as use of personal vehicle may be required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and periodically on-call as necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment, measuring devices.
- Must be able to perform the following duties 66-100% of the time: be on feet, bend/stoop/squat/kneel, climb stairs, push/pull, reach above shoulder, climb ladders, grasp/grip/turn, finger dexterity, lift/carry up to 25lbs, be able to read and understand maintenance forms and warning labels.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
To apply, please submit a resume/cover letter (optional) or complete the questions to the right of this job description. Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience.
POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work force. For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com.