POAH Communities is a mission-driven organization specializing in the professional management of affordable multifamily housing for more than 25 years building and improving communities. Beyond providing safe, comfortable, and affordable homes, we believe that well-managed housing can empower residents and serve as a platform for their success. We manage over 8,900 units throughout the United States.
About the Opportunity
POAH Communities is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician. This person will work at Fairweather apartment development located in Salem, MA. The Maintenance Technician will provide assistance by helping maintain the physical integrity of the community. Which involves but is not limited to the following activities:
- Insuring a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors and staff.
- Being knowledgeable of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Being aware of the condition of apartment property throughout the community and immediately initiate action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Scheduling and performing routine preventative maintenance on all appropriate equipment.
- Performing work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Diagnosing and perform minor and routine maintenance/repairs.
- Insuring all make-ready repairs and services are completed.
- Inspecting and helping coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services.
- Assisting in keeping grounds neat and clean. Rake, sweep, shovel as necessary.
- Must have at least 1 year experience in apartment maintenance.
- High School diploma or GED required. HVAC certification preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance coverage as use of personal vehicle may be required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with weekends and on-call basis as necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment, measuring devices.
- Must be able to perform the following duties 66-100% of the time: be on feet, bend/stoop/squat/kneel, climb stairs, push/pull, reach above shoulder, climb ladders, grasp/grip/turn, finger dexterity, lift/carry up to 65lbs, be able to read and understand maintenance forms and warning labels.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match.
POAH Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.