POAH Communities is an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving ‘at risk’ affordable rental housing. We are seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as Maintenance Technician for our Apartments in Narragansett, RI. This individual will be a bright and dynamic leader with hands-on experience and the demonstrated ability to successfully manage staff and oversee day-to-day operations. This individual will floater between several Apartments located in the Narragansett, RI area.
- Insuring a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors and staff.
- Being knowledgeable of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Being aware of the condition of apartment property throughout the community and immediately initiate action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Scheduling and performing routine preventative maintenance on all appropriate equipment.
- Performing work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Diagnosing and perform minor and routine maintenance/repairs.
- Insuring all make-ready repairs and services are completed.
- Inspecting and helping coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services.
- Assisting in keeping grounds neat and clean. Rake, sweep, shovel as necessary.
- Must have at least 1 year experience in apartment maintenance.
- High School diploma or GED required. HVAC certification preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance coverage as use of personal vehicle may be required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with weekends and on-call basis as necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment, measuring devices.
- Must be able to perform the following duties 66-100% of the time: be on feet, bend/stoop/squat/kneel, climb stairs, push/pull, reach above shoulder, climb ladders, grasp/grip/turn, finger dexterity, lift/carry up to 65lbs, be able to read and understand maintenance forms and warning labels.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match. POAH COMMUNITIES is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About POAH Communities
POAH Communities has specialized in the professional management of affordable multifamily housing for more than 25 years. Initially founded as Midland Property Management, Inc., POAH Communities became part of the Preservation of Affordable Housing, Inc. (“POAH") family in 2001, and currently manages over 12,000 affordable housing apartments in Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, Ohio and Rhode Island. POAH Communities has over 400 staff members and maintains offices in Kansas City, Boston, Cincinnati and Chicago.