Your Role Within the Company:
The Maintenance Technician will be working directly under the Community Manager and Maintenance Supervisor at a 100 unit affordable housing community in Burke, VA. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, apartment turn overs, troubleshooting and repairing maintenance issues involving electrical, plumbing, AC, HVAC, appliances and carpentry. This candidate will be assisting with snow removal, responding to on-call emergencies and working with the office team to make sure all make-ready repairs and services are completed and on schedule. Candidate must stay current on all applicable building codes/safety standards along with maintaining the trash room and dumpster areas.
Benefits and features:
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, appliance and snow removal.
- Customer service first attitude.
- Must have personal, reliable transportation for on-call emergencies.
- Previous apartment experience preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance vision
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
Every other week on-call required.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer