PK Management LLC, a leading property management company in the multi-housing industry, has openings for full-time Maintenance Technician. We are seeking a self-motivated and career-minded individual to join our team. Professional and friendly work environment. Salary commensurate with experience. Great benefits including health, life, vacation and 401K! Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply maintenance skills and customer service skills to ensure overall maintenance of the property to ensure that all physical aspects of the property meet all applicable laws as well as the company’s established standards. Troubleshoot and repair all aspects of the property and its units; plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling, carpentry, appliances, painting and drywall. Work may be per- formed independently or as part of the maintenance team. This position operates within and contributes to an environment with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
Education Requirement: High School Diploma/GED equivalent
Work Experience: minimum 2 to 3 years of prior apartment maintenance experience License/Certifications: HVAC certification required. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation Minimum tools required: Standard tools such as: hammer, screwdrivers, pliers, wrench, drill, etc.
- Troubleshoot work orders daily for residents prioritizing the service requests and ensuring they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Prepare vacant units for new residents ensuring that the unit meets the company standards/checklist.
- Maintain the exterior grounds of the property and conduct seasonal duties such as snow removal or pool maintenance.
- Conduct walk-through of the entire property to ensure everything is in working order; if not, take the appropriate steps for correction.
- Prepare for inspections.
- Schedule outside contractors for projects, if necessary.
- Attend staff meetings as required or needed.
- Assist at other properties as needed within a 100 mile radius.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required to meet essential requirements of job responsibilities.
- Being on-call for emergency service, rotating with other staff members.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager or Property Manager.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Administrative Skills – ability to understand the Company’s policies and procedures, track materials used for inventory pur- poses, sign-in/sign-out unit keys.
- Analytical Skills – ability to draw conclusions and examine alternatives when approaching a maintenance request, ability to read blue prints, if required, ability to consider alternative methods/materials, if the necessary are
- Communication/Language Skills – ability to read and comprehend warning labels and service requests, ability to effectively communicate with residents and other property
- Coordinating Skills – ability to prioritize numerous tasks and the importance of service
- Creative Skills – ability to find the most efficient way to complete a task, continuously look for ways to retain residents and improve the
- Computer Skills –
- Leadership Skills – ability to show confidence in work, motivate others and represent the property at resident
- Manual Skills – cleaning, snow removal, grounds
- Maintenance Skills – plumbing, electric, heating/cooling, carpentry, appliance repair, painting, drywall
Appliance Repair – Troubleshooting and repair of parts, clean lint screen in washer/dryer, pumps and transmission, water heater troubleshooting, repair and replacement.
Carpentry – Proper use of hand and power tools, cabinetry, door hanging to include installing hardware, closets, hinges, dry- wall repair and replacement, window repair and replacement, shelving installation.
Electrical – Able to replace outlets, switches, light fixtures, circuit breakers, photocells, ballasts, understand and use basic test equipment, knowledge of fire and security system operation.
Curb Appeal – Maintain landscaping and snow removal equipment, snow removal and salting of walks, operate blower, operate and maintain lawn equipment.
Housekeeping – Understand and use MSDS, use cleaning chemicals, cleaning as required, maintain cleaning equipment.
HVAC – Filter changes, coil cleaning, pump replacement, ability to troubleshoot using schematics and wiring diagrams, maintain a type II EPA certification, understanding of how to use pressure gauges, charge, evacuate and change out condensing units and air handlers.
Plumbing – Basic plumbing repair on copper, pvc, cpvc, toilets, pump replacement, replacement of fixtures, valves, water heater troubleshooting, repair and replacement, ability to use and electric auger or snake.
Pool Care – Filter cleaning, pool cleaning, chemical testing, knowledge of all shut-off, first aid, signage and pump motor repair and replacement.
Mathematical Skills – ability to calculate square footage, read proper
Other Skills– confidentiality, customer service, carpet cleaning, painting and paint equipment repair/maintenance.
Working Conditions Work is typically performed at the property with moderate noise level; however, noise level will vary at times depending on assignment. Walking, standing, sitting, crouching, crawling and climbing are necessary throughout the day. May be exposed to various weather conditions when working on the exterior of the property. It may be necessary to lift weights up to 100 pounds. It is essential to be safety-conscious as there is exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes/airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.