POAH Communities is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician. This person will work at our Woodlen Place apartment development located in Kansas City, MO. The Maintenance Technician will support the assigned property's Supervisor by repairing and maintaining the physical asset structures while managing an effective preventative maintenance program.
About the Opportunity
- The Maintenance Technician position will provide support to the Maintenance Supervisor / Property Manager by ensuring that vacant units are prepared within three business days and that the maintenance requirements meets State, Federal, and Local laws by aligning HUD specifications in order to achieve a minimal of 85% points on the REAC inspection and obtaining a rating of “satisfactory” with HUD and other housing agency.
- Collectively ensure that systems are in place or created to maximize resident and employee safety and health.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor preserve physical assets.
- Verify that contracts are professionally prepared and that adequate engineering specifications are contractually incorporated for all major repair work undertake onsite.
- Assure all vendors follow company policy and that they are complying with Federal, State and Local guidelines.
- Comply with work orders through the Yardi software system at each site.
- Prepare vacant units within three business days, maintaining the buildings to code, HUD specifications on a daily basis.
- Manage an effective preventive maintenance program.
- Some post high school education preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in property management, asset management.
- Basic proficiency in the use of computers including Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Yardi software is a plus.
- Knowledge of HUD regulations, forms, inspection criteria and processes.
- Strong verbal, written and customer service communication skills are essential.
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience.
POAH Communities is a mission-driven organization specializing in the professional management of affordable multifamily housing for more than 25 years building and improving communities. Beyond providing safe, comfortable, and affordable homes, we believe that well-managed housing can empower residents and serve as a platform for their success. We manage over 11,000 units throughout the United States. POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work force.
For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com.