Related Management is looking for a dynamic Maintenance Technician to support our Senior Living Affordable Community in Spring Creek. This is a 137 unit community located in Decatur, Illinois. The Maintenance Tech will be responsible for common area and apartment repairs in the scope of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and appliances. Further oversight of the building’s curb appeal through building exterior inspections, cleaning and grounds maintenance is required. Customer service and attention to detail are critical skills to ensure the satisfaction of the community’s residents. Responsibilities will also include daily cleaning and special projects as assigned.
- Complete all maintenance requests issued in a timely manner
- Perform duties related to work orders and projects that include electrical, plumbing, drywall replacement/repair, painting, lock replacement, tile repairs, blind/window treatment and/or replacement, HVAC furnace and a/c repairs.
- Ensure vacant apartment are made ready per Related Management's standards - scheduling vendors, flooring, painting, cleaning, replacing of appliance and general repairs.
- Work within budget limits established.
- Organize record keeping of appliance replacement, carpet and paints.
- Maintain building inventory for cost effective operations
- Schedule and complete Preventive Maintenance
- Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractor
- Complete grounds work, which may include picking up trash, sweeping curbs, and maintain areas around the dumpster
- Monitor and maintain all building systems
- Assist with annual inspections with outside vendors on backflow pressure testing, elevators, fire panel and fire extinguisher testing
- Property Maintenance, Contractors (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, general, painters, etc.), Construction workers, hotel management maintenance.
- HVAC certification a plus
- Valid drivers' license along with good driving record and auto insurance is required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- 1-3 year(s) related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance vision
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
SHIFT: Mon- Fri 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Requirements : Must be available on call every other week
Benefits & Compensation:
Incentive bonus program, training and development programs, career growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package after 30 days including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer